Dedicated Pc set up

Revdi3

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm a complete noob. I know enough to get into trouble. I see a lot of "is this a good computer" questions. This is not one of those. I have searched this forum for a while now and a complete answer for my question eludes me. I'm wondering how to set the computer up for blue iris as a stand alone, dedicated PC. I know from reading this site that automatic windows updates should be off. I know it should be dedicated for blue iris. Also, I am going to run a SSD for the OS and BI, and record directly to a surveillance drive, per other recommendations of this site. Is there anything else that anyone can think of to make this system as bulletproof as possible? Thanks in advance

pland

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you read all the wikis?
Make sure you have run as windows service enabled within blue iris.
I went back through and read them after getting my system setup, and saw that I missed links that would've saved me tons of time in my purchasing, and learning curve if would've been more thorough...
The wiki has to be accessed via browser as far as I know, I can't find it via Tapatalk.

Tons of great information there, also the help section within blue iris itself has tons of information!

There's also YouTube videos some one from this form has put together, home tech video is his name on YouTube. Very informational videos!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk