Deep stack suddenly stopped working

jihiggs

n3wb
Reaction score
ive been playing around with an ip monitor which required me to make significant registry changes, today I rebooted my blue iris machine and deep stack stopped working. I have blue iris on one machine, and deepstack running on a separate box in an esxi vm. this has been working great for months.

thinking I really screwed something up I wasnt able to reverse, I spun up 2 new vms. brand new installs with all windows updates. 1 for blue iris, one for deep stack. I installed blue iris and set up a couple of my cameras on one, and a fresh install of deepstack on the other. the deepstack vm I am running deepstack.exe -VISION-DETECT -TIMEOUT 10 -PORT 82. deepstack runs, and shows detections in the cmd window. problem is, each detection only takes 0ms to complete, and there are no images being put in c:\users\username\appdata\local\temp\deepstack. so all the detections come back as nothing found.

im losing my mind working on this, i installed deepstack from an installer ive had for months, all variables have been ruled out, I just cant get deepstack to work anymore across the network. I installed deepstack on the same box as my original blue iris bare metal install, and it does work. so I know the command im using works.. ive verified the port number a hundred times, verified ip addresses a hundred times, im missing something simple im sure. ive run deepstack in a cmd window and a power shell window with and without elevation.

no firewall, I know for a fact it works with both systems as a vm on this same hypervisor, cause ive done it before. both systems can communicate just fine, I can map drives, ping, whatever.