Deepstack - 93% Confidence of Person, but Nothing Found

shaywood

n3wb
Reaction score
Still new to BI and Deepstack. Everything is setup and working well. Most Deepstack detections work great. However, today the mailperson picked up a package from my porch. My system is setup to record continuously + trigger and email pictures of people on the porch. Minimum confidence level is set at 50%. I put the package on the porch earlier, which recorded fine, but the system says, "nothing found" when the mailperson retrieved the package (see picture), yet it recorded 93%. Ideas?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the "Analyze with Deepstack" under "Testing & Tuning" will ALWAYS perform better than live as it is after the fact and should not be used as an analysis tool to try to figure out why it didn't see and trigger for a car or person. It should only be used to see what DeepStack can find in that clip, like "hmm I wonder if DeepStack can find a toothbrush" and then walk around with a toothbrush and have it identify it. I can run this on a camera not using Deepstack and it will show EVERYTHING that Deepstack has in its objects to find that it sees in the clip. This method will show you EVERY ITEM deepstack searches for.

You need to use the .DAT file analysis that shows how DeepStack responded and behaved live. You have to select it under AI for the camera to check the Deepstack analysis option. Only then can you start to figure out why it it is behaving like it is or missing something.

Let's see that analysis and screenshots of your settings and then we can figure out why it isn't firing.

So if you are not saving the .dat files in the AI setup, go ahead and check that box so that you can truly analyze what is going on.

shaywood

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, Thank you. I have enabled that option and will watch for further examples and learn how to analyze the .dat files.