Delay for some cameras

Chura

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
disable the camera that is not working, You are wasting CPU time doing nothing.

The direct to disk information in BIupdatehelper is not accurate. It is normally unknown.

Make sure all your cameras are set to record in BVR.

Reboot after make changes so you get a clean start.

View attachment 54338
I did try to disable all my cameras, CPU stayed the same indeed. Funny :)
Every cam is configured with BVR and Direct already.

jmhmcse

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The document is a good reference and starting point; your mileage may very. Start with the suggested value and see if the video is adequate or needs more, or less, data for desired clarity.

Lets focus on the initial issue/problem and not introduce any new/unknowns for the moment.

Once the system is operating normally, you can try additional configuration permutations. However, with that said...

H.264 and Intel HA has been very successful for most users; minimal issues​
H.264+ and Intel HA has been known to work; some issues but infrequent​
H.265 or H.265+ HA cannot be implemented as H.265 has its own compression techniques that dont play well with anything else.​

My HikVision camers played well with H.264+ and Intel HA with CBR; not so good with VBR... VBR would record ok until there was motion, then the video would have long trails. I don't have any knowledge of how Dahua H.264+ and Intel HA combination might perform.

Chura

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've changed my cameras to H265+ (Smart Codec) that should lower the bandwidth and CPU load. I've also disabled Intel decoding from BI because I think it introduced issue of motion object trails.
I'll watch the changes and report back

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BI supports H.265 in CPU processing only, not in hardware acceleration. Using H265 will increase CPU load, H.264 use the hardware quicksync for video processing. But a monitor or dummy plug is required for quality processing, tails are an indicator of the no monitor problem.

One of the thing to look at for a laptop CPU i7-5557U is what the power configuration are in windows 10.

Chura

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
BI supports H.265 in CPU processing only, not in hardware acceleration. Using H265 will increase CPU load, H.264 use the hardware quicksync for video processing. But a monitor or dummy plug is required for quality processing, tails are an indicator of the no monitor problem.

One of the thing to look at for a laptop CPU i7-5557U is what the power configuration are in windows 10.
I've noticed that when quicksync is active, I see trails of all moving elements. so maybe Quicksync in this 5557U is not that good.
So I decided to disable it temporary.

What you just mentioned was very interesting, changed the power plan to "Performance" which set the minimum cpu cycle to 100% :) I'll keep monitoring

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A NUC is a very poor option for a BI computer.
If the fan has stopped, that very well could be the issue.
You need to find out before you fry the CPU.

Chura

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A NUC is a very poor option for a BI computer.
If the fan has stopped, that very well could be the issue.
You need to find out before you fry the CPU.
I know its not the best, but its free for me. and up until I've added the 4mp 5442 it was just fine.
Actually now with some tuning suggested here, I do see improvement.