Delay with PTZ moving to preset when using spotter Cam

dubber

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi All

I have 2 IPC-4K-T and a MINI PTZ that I got from Andy.

I use the thread below on how to set it up.

I got 2 issues.

1. My issue is when the spotter camera gets trigger, it takes a few seconds delay for the mini ptz to move to the designated preset. By the time the mini ptz is at the designated preset, the subject is already out of FOV.

I'm using BI motion detection vs IVS rule. Reason why I'm using BI vs IVS is when I use IVS, somehow whenever the spotter cam gets triggered, it will wipe out my schedule. Example 24/7 day, or 24/7 night

2 Issue is my schedule gets wiped when I'm using IVS rule and when using immediate actions

I'm using 5.7.7.5 BI

MINI PTZ

Spotter Cam

___

Mini PTZ

Spotter Cam

Thanks

Max

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like a bug with latest BI version(s) and you should submit a ticket to BI as I don't experience a lag delay or wiping out of the camera GUI schedules with my setup (an older version of BI).

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I am on BI 5.7.5.5 and have used a 4K-X spotter and mini PTZ both with IVS triggers and have had no issues.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have helped many people over the years either on the forum or DM with spotter cams and every once in a while I would come across someone that would experience a lag, even if we were both on the same version.

One of those weird things that must be attributed to something unique in one's setup that is causing the lag.

dubber

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have helped many people over the years either on the forum or DM with spotter cams and every once in a while I would come across someone that would experience a lag, even if we were both on the same version.

One of those weird things that must be attributed to something unique in one's setup that is causing the lag.
Full credit to wittaj for helping me always. If it wasn't for him, I would properly end up in an looney house because these cams drive me insane lol

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is amazing how sometimes wonky bugs or something can get into a setup, especially over time and especially with constant updates and rollbacks. Sometimes a reinstall and build from scratch can clean out the bugs. I have done that before and while a pain, it does clear out the wonky stuff.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just pulled the BI log file for June and here are the slowest and fastest timing for mine using camera IVS rules:

6/2/2023 3:46:48.539 AM DownSpotter EXTERNAL
6/2/2023 3:46:48.554 AM PTZ GROUP

6/4/2023 9:26:00.064 PM DownSpotter EXTERNAL
6/4/2023 9:26:00.066 PM PTZ GROUP

So my slowest response appears to be 15ms and the fastest was 2ms

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Using BI AI will certainly add a delay, in this case looks like from just under 1 second to over a second. The SMS could be adding delay.

I'd suggest turn off AI and all alerts and see how fast the response time is. At least that would give us a base number with no additional processing.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
See this thread I just posted with a video of my spotter calling the PTZ using IVS triggers. Timing is not perfectly synced up, but it's pretty darn close.