Delivery Drivers Are So Lazy (Video)

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
In the UK they have to deliver it to your door and take a photo to prove it. In fact they have to hand it to you if in and if not, they have to leave it hidden in a safe place or take it back and redeliver it another day.

Seems like the US could use a different system.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Update: OnTrac the shipping company didn't really care they said the usual "we are sorry", I sent them all the videos as well.

@MrRobinHood camera models are below:

IPC-Color4K-X
IPC-T5442TM-AS
SD5A425XA-HNR
let your supplier know as well as they may decide to take their business elsewhere. Delivery drivers like that can cost a company lots in returns for non working equipment.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Confused?

You think your drivers should toss the package on the doorstep and leave it to be stolen if you're not in?

As said above, ours leave it with neighbours, in a safe place, or have to come back the next day.

Reaction score
You think your drivers should toss the package on the doorstep and leave it to be stolen if you're not in?
Toss it? No. Place it nicely, yes. But a law that states they can't leave it and have to attempt delivery the next day? Screw that. That just means I have to hang around all day to get my package? No.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
There is no law, it's just company procedure in the UK, probably to prevent claims.

They leave it with a neighbour (if you trust them or in a safe place). Only if you don't have trustable neighbours, your neighbours are out, or there is no safe place will they take it back and attempt redelivery. It stops the parcels getting stolen. Parcel theft is almost non existent in the UK.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There is no way! :smoking:

Box must have said Attends on the side, and she sure as shit wasn't waiting till you sorted it out, or sent it back. Them's as good as toilet paper in these times. :poop:

jd415

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
And another lazy driver today, that's a $350.00 item left on my front lawn. I live near a really busy area of Los Angeles and we have ton of crime! Luckily I was home and also got a motion notification so I was able to quickly bring it inside.

Fast forward to 2:06 if link doesn't automatically do it for you:

Attachments

Last edited:

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
God am I glad I don't live anywhere near big cities. I moved to BFE in middle-TN because of this "I don't give a sh!t about anyone else" mentality, among other things.

Up here, I have the cell number of my USPS, UPS, and FedEx guy. They spend anywhere from 2-10 minutes just shootin' the breeze with me if I happen to be outside. I tip them very well for Christmas, and they'll text me if they have something that requires a signature... If I'm not home and it's threatening rain, they'll actually grab a large bag from their vehicles, bag my box and set it on my porch (where it wouldn't get wet anyway).

I get that the transportation system treats packages much worse than what even the OP's delivery girl did (twice), but the optics are horrible, and really paint a picture of resentment and inconsideration for the consignee.

Xeddog

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Also, I have not had any issues with delivery drivers. I have two cameras that can observe them, and they always go up the six steps to the porch and set the packages down, take their picture and leave. I have also opened the door to get the package and waved to them. They smile and wave back.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
God am I glad I don't live anywhere near big cities. I moved to BFE in middle-TN because of this "I don't give a sh!t about anyone else" mentality, among other things.

Up here, I have the cell number of my USPS, UPS, and FedEx guy. They spend anywhere from 2-10 minutes just shootin' the breeze with me if I happen to be outside. I tip them very well for Christmas, and they'll text me if they have something that requires a signature... If I'm not home and it's threatening rain, they'll actually grab a large bag from their vehicles, bag my box and set it on my porch (where it wouldn't get wet anyway).

I get that the transportation system treats packages much worse than what even the OP's delivery girl did (twice), but the optics are horrible, and really paint a picture of resentment and inconsideration for the consignee.
We almost never get the same delivery driver one time to the next.

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Great delivery drivers out here. The old grandma FedEx driver who was planning to retire was as fast, friendly, and efficient as anyone else I've seen. She delayed retiring for a bit longer than she had originally planned.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
We had some problems with the Fedex guy, ended up turning a video in with him throwing a $800 monitor.
Now all the time he comes up close to the camera, smiles, and drops the box where the camera won't see.
Next time he drops a high dollar package I printed out a picture of him and package mid way to ground
and taped it to the gate so he would see it. Now he grumbles when he lightly lays down the packages.

UPS always reaches through the gate and sits it on the ground. Even will holler at us if he sees us in
the yard working. Great guy!

USPS, it's a Hodge podge of drivers, although most are contract, and do very well with deliveries.