Dell Optiplex i7-2600 Hardware acceleration makes no difference

luder888

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a Dell Optiplex 990 with a i7-2600 processor. According to Intel it has the Quick Sync feature. I have 16 cameras in BI and no matter if I turn on or off Intel hardware acceleration I'm getting no difference in CPU usage. Most of my cameras are H.264 and all of them are saved direct to disc. I checked the BIOS and there's no settings for Quick Sync. I also checked my Task Manager and there's no separate "GPU" section. Under Device Manager my Display adapter is "Intel(R) HD Graphics" and I'm using the known good driver according to this article.

Memory Leak: Quick Sync (Hardware Acceleration) | IP Cam Talk

Should my processor support hardware acceleration or am I missing something in my set up?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a Dell Optiplex 990 with a i7-2600 processor. According to Intel it has the Quick Sync feature. I have 16 cameras in BI and no matter if I turn on or off Intel hardware acceleration I'm getting no difference in CPU usage. Most of my cameras are H.264 and all of them are saved direct to disc. I checked the BIOS and there's no settings for Quick Sync. I also checked my Task Manager and there's no separate "GPU" section. Under Device Manager my Display adapter is "Intel(R) HD Graphics" and I'm using the known good driver according to this article.

Memory Leak: Quick Sync (Hardware Acceleration) | IP Cam Talk

Should my processor support hardware acceleration or am I missing something in my set up?
2nd generation processors do not support Hardware acceleration for cameras with resolution settings higher than 1080p.... It will also not work for H 265

Last edited by a moderator: