Desktop Microphone

Didact74

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I want to pair a nice omnidirectional tabletop microphone with one of my Dahua Cams. It will be indoor and not hidden at all, so size does not matter. I just want a nice microphone that can do a better job at reproducing voice than the built in mics on the Dahua Cams. Where I am getting confused is what kind of mic will work. Some of the nice eMeet mic/speaker combos are bluetooth only and the aux 3.5mm jacks are for speaker extensions only. I assume it needs to be a passive mic but I would prefer the quality of a condensor mic with Noise cancelling. A condensor mic would require power though, right? Anyway, with price (sort of) not an issue, what is a top shelf mic I can pair with my Dahua cam?

Didact74

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Cant find much in the way of install for this unit. It says wireless but is there an aux jack or something I can use to hook it to the camera?

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For a solution using a condensor mics:
  • select good omni boundary mics (ex. Shure MX393/O or similar)
  • requires a mic mixer with phantom power (ex. Shure SCM268)
  • will need balanced audio (from mic mixer) to unbalenced (into cam mic in) audio adaptor (ex. RDL TX-AFC1F)

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
I confess, but it has been some time since dealing with "basic" mics typically used on PC's and alike.

I believe you'll be disappointed with any mic that does not require a power source to function (usually 3-5 VDC minimum).

There certainly are higher end options avail, also.

Didact74

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Does it have to be a mixer, or can it just be a straight phantom power adapter?
Your OP mentioned a pair of mics, this requires a mixer to combine both mics into the cam feed.

Didact74

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion.

I wrote that I wanted "to pair" a microphone with one of my cameras. Not "a pair" of microphones I could have worded it more clearly, sorry about that.

Basically, I just want a nice tabletop omnidirectional condenser microphone to attach to my Dahua Camera, and I didn't want to use one of those $5 add-on mics that sound terrible. I appreciate your suggestions and I think if I simply replace the mixer with a single channel phantom power block, I would be fine. Thoughts?