DH-IPC-HFW5842E-ZE-S2 BI sync issue.

ipc824

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Video is working on BI, unsure about substream. But I don't get the auto-populate after find/inspoect. Login details are correct. I am using 264H like suggested.

Opening 192.168.50.110 port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
OK
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
2022-08-20T12:48:03.000Z
Requesting device information...
Bad response
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
Has Imaging services: /onvif/imaging_service
Has media services: /onvif/media_service
Has RTP_RTSP_TCP, requesting profiles
Has Event services: /onvif/event_service
Has WSPullPointSupport
RelayOutputs: 0
InputConnectors: 0
Has Device IO services: /onvif/deviceIO_service
AudioOutputs: 0
Opening 192.168.50.110 port 8999...
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
HTTP 12029
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?
Cantonk port 34567?
RTSP port open?
RTSP port detected!
Done

Attachments

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine for the 5842. The usual for Dahuas. I do increase the buffer some for 4MB and 4K cams.

Screenshot 2022-08-20 214748.png

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
What doesn't like it? BI? What error do you see and where?

That's how every Dahau cam I've had/have runs and most others that I've seen beyond mine.

ipc824

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What doesn't like it? BI? What error do you see and where?

That's how every Dahau cam I've had/have runs and most others that I've seen beyond mine.
The find/inspect doesn't autofill the stream profile, or the ONVIF source. When I type it in manually as your looks. I get a 8000007 error which says I should check my port/user/pass. BI didnt give me the feed when i typed it in manually. But when I find/inspect, it does at least give me the mainstream.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you have an ONVIF user set up in the cam?

In the cam's web interface see: System > Account > ONVIF User tab. Can make it the same as that for your main user unless you have some reason not to.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When you get the bad response in the find/inspect so fast, that is usually a bad username or password.

What I suspect happened is you changed the admin password on the camera more than once and that is where it struggles.

What people don't realize is that there are two places for user and password - one under account and then you see a tab for ONVIF user - the same user/pw needs to be in both. Sometimes the camera gets confused when passwords are changed or for some reason the password didn't migrate over at initial set-up.

So you would have to go to the ONVIF user and delete the admin and re-add with the new password.

ipc824

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ah, you are onto something. What is the default password? I had to change the PW from inside the camera ealrier today, and this must've not changed. It says invalid PW when I try the one I used when intially setting up camera.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There is no default password. If you cannot get into the camera GUI, then factory reset and start over.