DH-IPC-K35A Indoor camera?

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the DH-IPC-K35A 3MP K Series PoE Network Camera? Im looking for a small indoor IP camera that will have a favorable WAF. I noticed this camera is fairly new so I wanted to reach out to the forum to see if anyone has one or even checked out the specs.

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don´t know your usage for this cam, I also thought about it, but the view angle was to small for me (only 70°) and if you don´t need the speaker you can buy for nearly the same price
SD29204T-GN-W | Dahua Technology

which has 4x zoom, 112°-30°, better light sensitivity, available with WLAN or not.

Reaction score
I don´t know your usage for this cam, I also thought about it, but the view angle was to small for me (only 70°) and if you don´t need the speaker you can buy for nearly the same price
SD29204T-GN-W | Dahua Technology

which has 4x zoom, 112°-30°, better light sensitivity, available with WLAN or not.

Im looking for a small cam for the living room area. The one you recommended looks great but Im sure the wife wouldnt approve of it.
Where did you see a viewing angle of only 70 degrees? I might have missed that.

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
oh sorry forget what i wrote, I mixed it up with a IPC-A35 (77°) Your desired ipc-k35a has 100°. Its much cheaper than the ipc-a35 and has no ptz.
But i also had seen this cam, it´s far away of being really a 3MP cam. And the night quality is really poor.

What´s your scope of application?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I had the Hikvision version of that camera, but ended up sending it back. It functioned great (and I loved the PIR!!!), but it still stood out in the living room. I had it on some built-in shelves, hoping it'd blend in with the knick-knacks, but it didn't do as well as I thought.

I'm going to try the IPC-A35 | Dahua Technology next. It's a much narrower FOV (from the 3.6mm lens), but it's panable. I plan on using this camera mostly "live", so having to pan it left/right to see something not in the main shot doesn't seem like a big deal.

Reaction score
oh sorry forget what i wrote, I mixed it up with a IPC-A35 (77°) Your desired ipc-k35a has 100°. Its much cheaper than the ipc-a35 and has no ptz.
But i also had seen this cam, it´s far away of being really a 3MP cam. And the night quality is really poor.

What´s your scope of application?
Im looking for a cam to have a general view of the living room. I will use BI to monitor and record ongoing. I might have to re-think since you mention the night quality is poor on this model.

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had the Hikvision version of that camera, but ended up sending it back. It functioned great (and I loved the PIR!!!), but it still stood out in the living room. I had it on some built-in shelves, hoping it'd blend in with the knick-knacks, but it didn't do as well as I thought.

I'm going to try the IPC-A35 | Dahua Technology next. It's a much narrower FOV (from the 3.6mm lens), but it's panable. I plan on using this camera mostly "live", so having to pan it left/right to see something not in the main shot doesn't seem like a big deal.
I would better spend 50 dollar more for the SD29204T-GN ... It´s around 150 Dollar and a mini indoor ptz

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Im looking for a cam to have a general view of the living room. I will use BI to monitor and record ongoing. I might have to re-think since you mention the night quality is poor on this model.
for security reasons and best night capabilities you should use a hdw5231r-z, but its with 170 dollar not cheap. Well performing and much cheaper is a hdw4431C-A, but with the plastic base ones you should flash cor35vet´s firmware, it´s a much securer patched international firmware. the metal base one is the international one with internal sdcard (you can see on the product pictures a screw on the base for fixing the cam, it´s easy to see) but for around 110 Dollar the difference to the much better hdw5231r-z is not worth.
I am using a IPC-HDW4431EM-AS for my big rabbit hutch (car garage size). For a distance below 4m I have a good shutter speed, when the rabbits are running the picture is still perfect.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would better spend 50 dollar more for the SD29204T-GN ... It´s around 150 Dollar and a mini indoor ptz
Personally, I'd LOVE to have a SD29204T-GN inside, but my family and friends would kill me. I need something for very casual use (i.e. the few times a year when we're away on vacation and want to peek back in) that blends in with the decorations in the living room and makes people forget that there is a camera in the room. The IPC-A35 is pretty unobtrusive looking and fits the bill. :)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For a discrete (silent/small) indoor residental camera with a good 90 degree FOV I highly suggest this: IPC-HDBW4231F-AS | Dahua Technology

Starlights indoors do great in residential setups; Espically if you have dimmers and rarely run the lights at full bright in the evening.. the'll stick in color mode longer, can be setup so no noticeable IR unless its just really pitch black.. The Microphone on em is really good if you can legally use it.

manxam

n3wb
Reaction score
I have to say, I just ordered two of the IPC-HDBW4231F-AS and I'm really impressed by their compact size, video quality, and nighttime performance. I've only had them for 2 days but regret purchasing the rest of the cameras that I did in past. This, for me, is the perfect camera for inside and outside (e.g. front-entryway) monitoring if you want a discreet quality camera at an excellent price (@EMPIRETECANDY)

Last edited:

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Are there legal restrictions to using a mic inside ones own home in some places?

manxam

n3wb
Reaction score
Some places have a legal stipulation that both parties (the recorder and the recorded) both consent to being recorded. Other places are single party (recorder) only. In one's own home I doubt that there are any legal ramifications. In one's business that's a whole different matter.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Interesting,..I assumed those were "in oublic places" laws, not in your own home. I wonder...why would that also not apply to video?...IMO that can be much more invasive to one's privacy.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Discretely recording people's conversations may require everyone being recorded to consent; espically on private property where one typically has a reasonable expectation of privacy.. check your local laws and regulations or at best any video you capture will be inadmissible in court, worst someone could sue you for violating there rights.

The Mini Domes will make terrible outdoor cameras; Wide angle 3.6mm can only identify people at indoor distances.. and the dome is susceptible to UV Degradation in sunlight, and IR issues like attracting bugs, reflecting light, etc.

manxam

n3wb
Reaction score
@nayr, that's why I stated an example such as "front entryway". If it's beneath a soffit in a covered entryway it's well protected from UV and likely close enough to easily identify people. I actually purchased one of these for this use case based on your recommendation in another post.

I'm with you on the spiders though. I have no idea what I'm going to do about that. Unfortunately, the turret cams are way too big to mount where I want this one to be.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This, for me, is the perfect camera for inside and outside (e.g. front-entryway) monitoring if you want a discreet quality camera at an excellent price
Did you get those with the 3.6mm lens? I saw one person who went with a 2.8mm rotated 90' (corridor mode) and it looked really good!

manxam

n3wb
Reaction score
I went with the 3.6 as that's all Andy sold. I'd like to find one 2.8 for the entry in the future but, for now, the 3.6 works well. I have little-to-no crime in my area but do have a neighbor that thinks anything that is mine is also his to use. I also have packages that are dropped on my front step through the day so I'd like to keep an eye on them.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did you get those with the 3.6mm lens? I saw one person who went with a 2.8mm rotated 90' (corridor mode) and it looked really good!
Can you recall where the person using the 2.8mm in corridor mode posted? I'd like to see some samples of that. My entry is tall \ narrow too with a bit of an overhang. I was going to get one of these for upper right of the entry door in 3.6mm. I want to be able to see face but also to the ground for packages as mentioned by others so might be a little trade-off vs narrower to try and focus on better facial recognition vs. then missing package ground view.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here you go.

I'm looking for the same results as you. My porch is L-shaped. In the 2.8mm picture in the reply above, where you can see the column to the side of the door, I've got nothing there on mine, ... it keeps going for 20 feet that way. If someone puts a package a foot or two over from the door, doesn't look like this field-of-view would be wide enough for my porch. Ugh.