DH-SD1A404XB-GNR quiet audio

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just a long standing issue I have with the audio output levels on a 4MP mini PTZ that I've had for some time. I was satisfied enough with my 2MP mini PTZ a DH-SD1A203T-GN that I bought the 4MP version a DH-SD1A404XB-GNR.

What seems strange is how much quieter the 4MP PTZ is compared to the 2MP PTZ camera. They both have the same camera audio settings. In BI i have the gain of the 2MP at 80% which is well high enough, whilst the 4MP PTZ audio works I need to have gain at 200% in BI and even then it is still rather quiet. It is not a big deal but I am mystified. It is not a BI issue, streaming the camera using VLC from a NVR and it is still quieter.

I wonder where the microphone is situated on the 4MP camera, during installation did I leave some protective film covering the microphone?

It will be next year in the warmer weather before I am up a ladder again to investigate. Any ideas or suggestions?

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I've noticed the same with mine. But since it's mounted between two other cams that have good mics (Color4K/X and VTO2211G-WP), I never really bothered with it.

Wish I'd bought the 2MP version. Colour at night would be better than the 4MP on the same sensor. Live and learn