DH-SD49225XA-HNR PTZ. lost connectivity

Lucian

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a DH-SD49225XA-HNR PTZ. which had worked flawlessly ( as did all my dahua cams). We have another rainstorm yesterday and now I see no connectivity I checked the ethernet cable with a POE tester and also swapped it with a known good outside cable. the device will power on, I can see the LEDS and the motor moves fine.

I cleaned the POE connection ( was a bit grimy) and still no connection. Any suggestions?

I guess I try full reset but I dont have the instructions for finding the reset panel. I think you take the top 3 screws off. they do not make it easy. Sorry for 2nd post in 2 days!!!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can you ping the cam's IP?
Can you move that "confirmed good" cable to another POE port?

Lucian

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can you ping the cam's IP?
Can you move that "confirmed good" cable to another POE port?
NO I cant ping or find with the Dahua tool. the other cable comes from a POE switch and powers up the other camera . Both are outside cams and come up from the POE switch in the basement

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Your comment " I cleaned the POE connection ( was a bit grimy) and still no connection. Any suggestions?" this will be your problem and under normal conditions this connection should have been water and moister sealed inside the dedicated back box PFA120.

It might have to go back to Dahua for a service at your own cost as it's not been installed proper.

teemu81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I didn't fully understand you.
Did you manage to power up the faulty camera with a different cable?

If the camera is not powering up through PoE you can try to power it up with a 12v - 3a power supply, if it works, then chances are one of the capacitors for the PoE has died during the storm, and you'll face an expensive repair (these go for around 150€ in europe I think) or you can go with a PoE splitter.

Lucian

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you for your patience and help. I have done the following:

1. I brought the camera inside and connected to a external POE injector and placed in on my network. It powered up - I could see the cam and ping it but could not get to the log in screen.

2. I reset the camera and then used my Dahua NVR and placed in the POE port. Again, powered on but the cam not recognized. I typed in the default 192.168.1.108 and it showed up but I could not log in.

3. I placed on a router with a default IP of 192.168.1.1 . I can see the camera on the LAN but could not log in - i could not even see the log inscreen) but I could ping it.

Indeed very strange. I have 10 DAHUA cameras and this is my second PTZ so I can say I am familiar but not an expert. Very strange so I am feeling kind of stupid as it was the first failure ever and I have it for 9 months. Andy will check on the warranty. I am grateful for any suggestions

lemmcgrath

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there, did you resolve this problem? I'm having the similar issue. the ipconfig tool shows it, but can't log in. used the cable on another camera; no issues. the camera has been up just over a year.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is probably a power loss issue that has developed over time.

Can you try a POE+ switch with just this camera connected to it and see if it works and if not then try a POE+ injector.

Lucian

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I tried mutiple POE injectors with multiple cables. It appeared to be damage from a torrential rain and my inadequate waterproofing. I tried to reset a few times but no luck.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I guess at that point cut off the female connector on the camera and put a new one on and see if that resolves it.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Try some De-Ox-It on the female connector of the camera. Definitely try a 12 volt, 3a (or better), power source before trying to replace the connector. I'm assuming you've inspected the female connector for pin corrosion and damage.

IPCamer

n3wb
Reaction score
@lemmcgrath From the information you shared , I would say there is nothing wrong with the connection. The camera has power and it communicates with the ipconfig tool, otherwise you would not see it.
Can you provide more information on how you connect your camera ( NVR PoE ...) and what you mean by "but can't log in" ( screen shot??).