DH-SD5A232XA-HNR or DH-SD6CE445XA-HNR ?

Reaction score
Hi guys, quick question...
The choices are DH-SD5A232XA-HNR and DH-SD6CE445XA-HNR.
Which would be a better choice for a small (40x30 meters) yard closed on all sides?
Important to me are auto tracking, good night vision and no false alarms in strong wind and rain.

In my "newbie" opinion, the specs of both cameras are perfectly adequate for my needs, but the SD5A232 costs only 2/3 of what the SD6CE445 costs.

A big problem is that DH-SD5A232XA-HNR is an EOL model, but only on Dahua's international website. On the DACH website the model is not discontinued (yet?).

Many thanks in advance

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I have that 6 series 4MP and would not recommend it. The 1/2.8 is not well paired with the 4MP camera. It also has tracking focus issues in low light. In daytime or with good supplemental night lighting, it’s awesome.

That same sensor in a 2MP camera will show better low light/ nighttime performance..

That said, I have the plain IR version

The one you mention has laser IR which is a bit different. The laser IR is impressive, but it’s still fighting the (IMHO) too small 1/2.8 sensor for 4MP

Here’s some testing of the SD6AL433XA-HNR with both the laser IR and bigger more suitable 1/1.8 sensor. Great camera!

Wait for it, you’ll see when the laser IR is turned on

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
For your application in a small yard, I’d go with the DH-SD5A232XA-HNR all day long.

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick reply.
The decision is made: DH-SD5A232XA-HNR + VTO3211D-P4 + DH-IPC-HFW5442E-ZE for almost the same price as DH-SD6CA445XE-HNR at my local dealer.

Apparently I just wanted a professional opinion to match mine so I can sleep better... ;)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I’m not a professional, just a weekend hacker hobbyist. The opinion is worth just what you paid for it ;)