DH-SD6CE245U MALFUNCTION

botics

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
DH-SD6CE245U - has anyone else seen this happen? I have asked Andy for a RMA - since day one several months ago it has not been able to function correctly. Internally everything looks fine.

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't seen or heard that before. I would suggest unplugging the power from the camera and then manually manipulating the PTZ mechanism across its full range of motion to determine if something is physically stuck in there. If this is like the older models, it should be pretty loose once power is disconnected.

botics

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah very loose when no power is disconnected and very easy to manipulate. Once powered up it has limited movement and usually gets stuck in the down position. I do not want to force it with the power on but seems like to motor to me.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, without intimately knowing the details of how the motors work, I wouldn't even know what kind of repair is required. The way these cameras normally work, the camera should be able to look straight down, and then if you keep holding the pan button down it will rotate around 180 degrees and start moving back up on the other side. Never any nasty clicking noises like that.