DH-XVR5116HS-I3: Hdd not powering on

brcr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, new guy..help pls: like mentioned dvr & WD purple4T. Tried new & older hdds on other dvrs- all working order. On new, said, dvr...if/when connect hdd & power on... Won't. Yet...if disconnect dvr cables & power on...Does. Can see cams/display just fine , but can't record. W the heck??
Keep in mind...dvr & hdd are new.
( hdd checked/works on other dvrs )
( dvr works when hdd disconnected )
Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe the actual power supply is failing and can't provide enough to power the HDD or the HDD requires more power than the DVR can put out.

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I understand the max harddrive is 16tb for that XVR. What size hard drive are you having issues with?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Since it does not provide POE to the few IP cams it can work with, the external power supply is 12VDC @ 2.0 Amps......you do have the correct power supply connected, right?
It might be worth it to try another 12VDC @ 2.0 Amp (or higher Amps) power supply, insuring the polarity of the existing one is observed.

If it's new as you say, is it it still in warranty?

Last edited:

brcr

n3wb
Reaction score
Maybe the actual power supply is failing and can't provide enough to power the HDD or the HDD requires more power than the DVR can put out.
And we have a winner. Sure enough: hr ago used older plug/dvr ( same #'s etc on " tag" ). Older worked, All good. Soo, New one w/dvr- bad.
Ain't that something?
Thanks. Have a great day

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
And we have a winner. Sure enough: hr ago used older plug/dvr ( same #'s etc on " tag" ). Older worked, All good. Soo, New one w/dvr- bad.
Ain't that something?
Thanks. Have a great day
Just ran into that a couple weeks ago for the first time. Couple thousand Dahua’s installed and never heard of a small internal cable failing. Wasted about 3 days of time replacing everything and reconfiguring it all, thank god I didn’t have to warranty that!