DHCP password not resetting on IPC-F22-D

Bryan Mohr

n3wb
Reaction score
This is an "Imou" branded camera but I'm really hoping someone can help with it because Imou technical support is absolute garbage!

Camera 1 (10.0.0.205) was working fine until I did a suggested firmware upgrade. Now Authorization fails every time I try to open DHCP.
Camera 2 (10.0.0.61) I did not do the firmware upgrade on and still works perfectly.

Camera 1 URL: rtsp:/admin:removed@10.0.0.205:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
Camera 2 URL: rtsp:/admin:removed@10.0.0.61:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

Both cameras are accessible from the Imou app that it uses to see the video. But, that is not an acceptable solution for me as I bought these cameras specifically for the DHCP ability.

To try to reset Camera 1, I have done:
1 - Hold the reset button on the front until the red light flashes. Wait for it to reset and re-add to app.
2 - Hold reset for 30 seconds while powered on, unplug power (while holding reset) and wait 30 seconds, reconnect power (without letting go of reset), and wait 30 seconds. Wait for it to reset and re-add to app.

I have done both of those procedures while setting up through WiFi and Ethernet with no change. The end result is ALWAYS the same. Both cameras work fine in the app. Camera 1 gets authentication errors when trying to access through DHCP.

Is there another way to reset the username and password back to the default?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FWIW, another forum member HERE used the "Safety Code" for the password when setting up the RTSP stream for Blue Iris (VMS on a PC). You could incorporate that into your URL, perhaps test with VLC.

Bryan Mohr

n3wb
Reaction score
I have. It does show up on the device listing.

"Device Config" asks for a username and password. "admin" and the security key printed on the label do not work as the user and password. It just re-asks for the user and pass.

"Password reset" says there is no email address reserved (I don't understand how that could be), and sending the XML to supprt_gpwd doesn't work. They reply and say that I need to ask for help from my seller .... which is Imou who is absolute trash!

Bryan Mohr

n3wb
Reaction score
Update: ConfigTool shows the camera listed, but will not allow me to make any changes because the password is wrong. I tried to use the Password Reset XML ouput and got a reply from the support_gpwd email saying that they couldn't help because I didn't register my email address. So ..... yeah. Do I have a paperweight?