DHI-NVR no video after reboot

Zoli

n3wb
Reaction score
Got an DHI-NVR2104HS-P-S2 with 4 cameras. All worked fine after the installation (almost plug&play) but after the very first auto reboot there's no video at all.

Interesting is that the NVR is on the 192.168.1.X but the cameras are on the 10.1.1.X network.

After reboot I see that all 4 is offline (status) and only the reset button on the cameras help: pushing it 10 seconds (factory reset) gives the video back.

Thank you!

Zoli

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you!

The NVR is on static and will check the cams today. By the way I guess the cams are using the same 10.1.1.X IP address/range after reboot, but will try it. Is there a way to reach the cameras now, without the hardware reset?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
On NVR's with built-in PoE you go to the "Registration" page and access the cameras by clicking on the blue E icons as shown below

POE-NVR-AccessCameras.jpg

Zoli

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, and thank you!

Unfortunately it is disabled. All the cams are shown offline (Status column) and all the Explorer icons are disabled until I go to each cam and restart it with the hardware reset on the cam. And that's more than uncomfortable. :) I have to use ladder, remove the covers one after other...

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
If the cams are showing down below but showing offline, can you click the "Modify" pencil icon and log back into them? Sometimes they take a few minutes to come back to life..

Zoli

n3wb
Reaction score
I can click the pencil (modify) icon, but what do you mean "log back"? :) Should simply click on save? (Can try in a few hours.)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes "Save. basically logs in the camera to the NVR, or attempts to anyway

Zoli

n3wb
Reaction score
You won't believe it but it was my mistake. Have changed the default camera password to a new one, but have not changed this in the NVR. Now changed it, and works fine. For now. Thank you again.