DHI-VTO2202F - Accessing videos from sdcard from DMSS App / VTHs?

Reaction score
Hi there,

I appreciate that this question may have an obvious answer...

In short, I have 1 x VTO (DHI-VTO2202F) and 2 x VTHs.

I have inserted an SD card into the VTO, assuming this will record interactions (Auto capture is set to on for unlock / calling / Auto recording call).

I can see "SD Capacity" increase every time I use it, so it looks to be recording.

Question is, how can I access these videos via both the 2 X VTHs and DMSS App?

When using the DMSS App, I can see the call list but when I click on the call, I get a message saying "no linked videos".

On the VTHs, there's a call list, but no messages seem to be anywhere.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Badstraw

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Click on the reel icon next to the camera icon (bottom left corner), then you need to find the date of the event using the calendar.

Reaction score
Strangely, going through that path displays some videos but others never get recorded.

Am I meant to be able to access these videos from the VTH units?

switchfoot

n3wb
Reaction score
Strangely, going through that path displays some videos but others never get recorded.

Am I meant to be able to access these videos from the VTH units?
Hi! I'm experiencing very similar things with my VTO. SD capacity increasing on each call, auto record turned on, but no files on the SD card that I can see. Or if they are, it takes a scan of the SD card with a file recovery app to make the DAV files appear. Did you find a resolution?

Reaction score
Hi! I'm experiencing very similar things with my VTO. SD capacity increasing on each call, auto record turned on, but no files on the SD card that I can see. Or if they are, it takes a scan of the SD card with a file recovery app to make the DAV files appear. Did you find a resolution?
Nope, it's bizarre really.

flatorre

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you resolve the "no linked videos" issue.
I have the same problem.

Hi there,

I appreciate that this question may have an obvious answer...

In short, I have 1 x VTO (DHI-VTO2202F) and 2 x VTHs.

I have inserted an SD card into the VTO, assuming this will record interactions (Auto capture is set to on for unlock / calling / Auto recording call).

I can see "SD Capacity" increase every time I use it, so it looks to be recording.

Question is, how can I access these videos via both the 2 X VTHs and DMSS App?

When using the DMSS App, I can see the call list but when I click on the call, I get a message saying "no linked videos".

On the VTHs, there's a call list, but no messages seem to be anywhere.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Atriensis

n3wb
Reaction score
...and I fixed it. I formatted the SD card as removable storage (not that the documentation says what to do either way), but it seems that it didn't care and formatted as internal storage. I reformatted as portable storage again and now I have the option on the VTH for guest messages and, indeed, guest messages now show up after recording. The memory card icon shows up now as well on the interface. BTW, 256GB storage didn't work; it apparently needs to be 128GB or below. You really have to mess with these devices sometimes to get them to work! Always assume someone took one pass at writing the interface and did essentially no testing and that the documentation probably won't fill in the gaps.

Sadly, it still doesn't look like the videos are accessible through DMSS. I still get the "no linked video" message. Maybe I will figure it out later.

Hopefully this helps someone!

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a VTO2211G-WP with a 32 gig card in it. Yeah, it stores video messages, etc, but there's no way to download them that I've found. Even though the web GUI when I log in to the VTO.

flatorre

n3wb
Reaction score
...and I fixed it. I formatted the SD card as removable storage (not that the documentation says what to do either way), but it seems that it didn't care and formatted as internal storage. I reformatted as portable storage again and now I have the option on the VTH for guest messages and, indeed, guest messages now show up after recording. The memory card icon shows up now as well on the interface. BTW, 256GB storage didn't work; it apparently needs to be 128GB or below. You really have to mess with these devices sometimes to get them to work! Always assume someone took one pass at writing the interface and did essentially no testing and that the documentation probably won't fill in the gaps.

Sadly, it still doesn't look like the videos are accessible through DMSS. I still get the "no linked video" message. Maybe I will figure it out later.

I can't wait for someone to figure out the DMSS "no linked video" message. I think I have contact Dahua direct and see what they say.

pixel92

n3wb
Reaction score

Hey I have the same problem Formatting the cards seems to do the job. For the moment I have card in the VTH and is only able to take a photo everytime the door rings . Do you know if it will record videos if you insert a sd card into the VTO?

Thanks