Did I buy the wrong camera? B5442E-ZE

echelonff

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, just got my Z12 mounted and aimed, and it's doing much, much better. Just due to angles and things, I am limited to rear plates right now, but it can zoom in perfectly. I've got the gymratz capture working, trying to get pushover going... I'm off and running. Thank you so much for all of your help!

echelonff

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I've been working on adjusting my night settings now... just got a night capture a few minutes ago. It seems like I could make a few adjustments to make this more clear. I see the ones that others post that are so sharp and detailed. I've copied several sets of settings and so far these settings are best, many of the others didn't work at all for me. Do you have any suggestions on what I could tweak to sharpen these up? I'm at about 110 ft.,

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
These things are so field of view dependent, and I believe changes in chips over the years dictates different settings.

It is a readable plate, so that is the good part.

I would zoom in more - make that plate as large as you can since that is all we care about anyway.

I would try to tighten the gain range - if 70 works then try 70-70 or 60-70. Since we zoom in so tight, we want to force settings so that the camera isn't trying to adjust to the plate being in and out of the field of view in a second or less.

echelonff

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, that helped! I narrowed the gain to 60-70. Any ideas on how I can adjust to remove the star effect from the lights? I still think there is some room for improvement in the clarity. Or, is this pretty good for where I'm at?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Use Backlight HLC at 50 as a start and move up if needed as long as it doesn't dedegrade the image.

echelonff

n3wb
Reaction score
Here's the same vehicle at HLC 50. Starring is a little better, but it looks like the plate might be a little less sharp.

hlc 50.png