Did Nayr go on Holidays?

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is it just me or has @nayr, one of this forums most beneficial and prolific posters, dropped off the face of the earth? I haven't seen him throw in his two bob worth for a while.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
I believe his wife was pregnant, my guess is baby arrived - total guess though.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not as much of a camera nerd as he is but I'm pretty techy and will try to help when I can. If I miss something just tag me so I notice it. I find it best to leave the settings on auto anyways in nearly all cases because of changing light conditions.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I believe it was a mixture of wife being pregnant and job loss.

His website and domain didn't respond last time I checked.

Last edited:

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I believe it was a mixture of wife being pregnant and job loss.

Still, you'd expect some online activity or minor posting.
He went from 10-20 posts per day for almost 2 years to nothing per day...

His website and domain didn't respond last time I checked.

Have a feeling something else is going on, but for now it's a mystery.
So his wife being pregnant and he lost his job. Seems like two of the largest events in life. Yet you think because he quit posting on a forum "something else is going on".

Interesting logic.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Don't forget his Mom also has cancer and reading between the lines it sounds pretty serious. IIRC his kid is due in August, for his sake he better not be this early.
Maybe he got caught delivering hash oil to his mom, but lets hope not. This is a busy time of year for a lot of people, I've been a bit less active here the last month or so too.

P.S. His websites appear to be up to me last time I checked.

Last edited:

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Don't forget his Mom also has cancer and reading between the lines it sounds pretty serious. IIRC his kid is due in August, for his sake he better not be this early.
Maybe he got caught delivering hash oil to his mom, but lets hope not. This is a busy time of year for a lot of people, I've been a bit less active here the last month or so too.

P.S. His websites appear to be up to me.
Nayr.com refuses connection.

He isn't hard to find with a tiny bit of googling, maybe someone should give him a call and see if he is ok? :)

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So his wife being pregnant and he lost his job. Seems like two of the largest events in life. Yet you think because he quit posting on a forum "something else is going on".

Interesting logic.
Behaviour patterns.

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nayr.com refuses connection.

He isn't hard to find with a tiny bit of googling, maybe someone should give him a call and see if he is ok? :)
AFIK nayr.com and nayr.net always have refused connections to the main domain at least from most ip's.
It looks like has was still alive and at work as of 2 days ago from what I can tell.

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
AFIK nayr.com and nayr.net always have refused connections to the main domain at least from most ip's.
It looks like has was still alive and at work as of 2 days ago from what I can tell.
Arh good to hear.

Last edited:

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Heres an interesting approach - let's all stop making assumptions and discussing things other than what's been openly talked about directly from the source here. Online life vs. Real life are two totally different animals and if someone's not here there is a reason. Honestly no one should be googling or trying to find other means of reaching out.

I'd like to see this sub inactive or disappear vs. continued speculation.

ThomasPI

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Heres an interesting approach - let's all stop making assumptions and discussing things other than what's been openly talked about directly from the source here. Online life vs. Real life are two totally different animals and if someone's not here there is a reason. Honestly no one should be googling or trying to find other means of reaching out.

Best response there is.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

I didn't start this thread for it to go south like that. Nayr has helped out a lot of people, including myself, and for that I am grateful. Whilst few if any of us can say we know him, I like to think of him as a familiar stranger. We all have a lot of familiar strangers in our lives, like the owner of the coffee shop you frequent, who you see all the time, and maybe even know a little bit about, without actually really knowing them. I notice when people like that are no longer there. Whatever the reason for his absence I hope all is well for him and his family. I doubt there are any regulars on this forum who wouldn't wish him the same.