diference between nvr4208-8p-i and nvr5216-8p-i

Bara1980

n3wb
Reaction score
what diference in ai function only between nvr 4208 i series (winsense) and 5216 i series (winmind)

and what diference between
2 series ai nvr models and 4 series nvr models?

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
2 series dont have intelligent videos
not sure what you meant to say here

but I'll add to @bigredfish that the two models are also different by the amount of cams that supports FR or, of you do the FD by the cam and FR by the NVR, the 52XX cam use all cams for FR.

BUT at the moment. the FR implantation is really BAD. I'd suggest you'd read some of my other posts about it.
While the HW capability is nice, the Dahua SW implementation makes it completely useless.
I'd be more that happy to write something else if and when they'd make a big change in the concept and SW but for now: get away from it.

Bara1980

n3wb
Reaction score
not sure what you meant to say here

but I'll add to @bigredfish that the two models are also different by the amount of cams that supports FR or, of you do the FD by the cam and FR by the NVR, the 52XX cam use all cams for FR.

BUT at the moment. the FR implantation is really BAD. I'd suggest you'd read some of my other posts about it.
While the HW capability is nice, the Dahua SW implementation makes it completely useless.
I'd be more that happy to write something else if and when they'd make a big change in the concept and SW but for now: get away from it.
I need the nvr for fr I will use ai cameras also there is any difference (for fr) between 4208-i and 5216-i for fr functions?

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I need the nvr for fr I will use ai cameras also there is any difference (for fr) between 4208-i and 5216-i for fr functions?
told you: the number of FR channels and bandwidth for sure
since I never tried the 4208, I wouldn't know if there are also missing features.
If you need a usable FR function, none of them is what you're looking for. at least, not now.
The FW is capable but the bad SW makes it useless.

Bara1980

n3wb
Reaction score
told you: the number of FR channels and bandwidth for sure
since I never tried the 4208, I wouldn't know if there are also missing features.
If you need a usable FR function, none of them is what you're looking for. at least, not now.
The FW is capable but the bad SW makes it useless.
so as you say 5208 old nvr(that cost last than half price of 5208-i nvr) and 5208-i new nvr it is same?