Different settings to the Hik cams at sunrise/sunset using Blue Iris event schedule

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Re: Different settings to the Hik cams at sunrise/sunset using Blue Iris event schedu

Another question using this method to control Day/Night mode. I noticed when I looked at the two xml files I was able to get when running the cURL command for Day and Night that the only difference in the XML files was in the following.

-<IrcutFilterExt xmlns="http://www.std-cgi.com/ver10/XMLSchema" version="1.0">
<IrcutFilterType>day</IrcutFilterType>

-<IrcutFilterExt xmlns="http://www.std-cgi.com/ver10/XMLSchema" version="1.0">
<IrcutFilterType>night</IrcutFilterType>

When comparing all the other settings between the two files, I don't see any difference for WDR, Exposure, Noise etc. even though the Day/Night settings for each are very different. Do I have to edit the XML files to get the settings I want?

Thanks

mcx

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Re: Different settings to the Hik cams at sunrise/sunset using Blue Iris event schedu

Okay, I got cURL working and I have created a day.bat and a night.bat file and configured everything in BI according to the instructions. I'm successfully able to test the two settings via the PTZ control in the BI main window. Selecting each PTZ preset causes the camera to change modes.

Now... I'm not sure what to do in the camera config. Should Day/Night switch be set to Day, Night, Auto or Scheduled? I'm confused on what I need to do for settings in the attached screen shots in order for cURL to do what I need it to do. Thanks!
"Switch Day and Night Set." must be selected Auto-Switch. Then adjust WDR, etc and create xml. After you have created xml files leave the camera to Auto-Switch-mode.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

Thanks @mcx... I already had the different day/night settings in place since I was previously using the camera to schedule the change from day to night and use the different settings for each. When I pulled the two XML files from each camera after setting day and night, the XML files are identical as far as the settings go except for IRcut which reports correctly as Day or Night. I was expecting to see different settings. For example, I turn WDR off at night and in the Night XML it is listed as on. Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

mcx

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Forget your previous settings, they are useless. You probably did them on Scheduled mode?:

bad choice.png

Adjustments must be made in auto-switch-mode:

good choice.png

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

Ah, gotcha. So once I change to auto-switch mode and set everything, I need to pull new XMLs from each camera for day/night and make sure cURL is pulling those for the scheduled event. Correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcx

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Yes.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

Okay, I've got all the XML files updated and ready to go. One final question for now :). When scheduling these events, I see where I can set it relative to sunrise/sunset which is what I want. But... is it possible to offset it like you can for profiles? Thanks!

mcx

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

You mean like this?

From Blue Iris help:

If your time is within 30 minutes of sunrise or sunset (as configured on the Options/Schedule page), you may specify the time to remain relative to this event. For your convenience the current sunrise and sunset values are displayed here.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

You mean like this?

From Blue Iris help:

If your time is within 30 minutes of sunrise or sunset (as configured on the Options/Schedule page), you may specify the time to remain relative to this event. For your convenience the current sunrise and sunset values are displayed here.
FYI, the help file is a bit dated..you can go about 206 minuets in each direction relative to sunrise/sunset

Reactions: mcx

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

@mcx@fenderman... I'm not seeing any way to set the offset. The offset you mention I thought was only for scheduling profiles. Here's where I'm setting the event.

Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 7.38.28 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-09-27 at 7.38.49 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

@mcx@fenderman... I'm not seeing any way to set the offset. The offset you mention I thought was only for scheduling profiles. Here's where I'm setting the event.

View attachment 13667View attachment 13668
Simply click on relative and now set the time +/- in either direction...for example in your image if you set it to 8:00am it will now schedule the event 30 min after sunrise every day.

tedrpi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Old thread, is this still the preferred method for adjusting the shutter speed, brightness, WDR, and other settings for a day vs night?

I was hoping for a web request method that could be initiated via the BI PTZ settings and schedule. Thanks

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Old thread, is this still the preferred method for adjusting the shutter speed, brightness, WDR, and other settings for a day vs night?

I was hoping for a web request method that could be initiated via the BI PTZ settings and schedule. Thanks
Sorry to bring up an old thread.. but same question here. I still run alot of Hik 2332's and 2335's. Would like to know what's the latest and/or best way to switch the cam from day settings to night settings (exposure/gain/contrast/etc). Is it in BI with schedule? Or still using Curl?

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe somebody more up to date can chime in and help. The cams I had came from a vendor we had on the forum who worked for LTS security. They used Hikvision and rebranded them. I bought mine when 4mp was first coming out so I'm sure there have been a lot of changes since then. I don't have to use this curl method with my Dahuas so you would think by now (8 years since I bought mine) they would have a way to switch settings between day and night easily with the Hiks.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
My Hik cams are ancient if you go by current tech, they are only 3MP model DS-2CD2335FWD and DS-2CD2332-I. So they still need to follow the curl method unless there is another new way of doing it. I believe I have it all configured correctly, Curl comes with Win10/11 now so it was just as easy as getting the xml file made and saving the batch file.

Last edited:

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Found my first issue... if I try the batch file on a Hik 2335 camera, it immediately reboots the camera. So far it works with my 2332 cameras though.

This is what I get back when it reboots:

Code:
C:\Hik>curl -T c:\Hik\house_day.xml http://admin:password@192.168.5.32/image/channels/1
curl: (52) Empty reply from server

Last edited:

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
So I went through the XML file that was the output from the camera by running the first curl command:
Code:
curl http://admin:pass@192.168.5.2/image/channels >cam1_day.xml
line by line until I figured which setting was causing the immediate reboot. I found the following was causing it:

Code:
<powerLineFrequency version="1.0" xmlns="http://www.hikvision.com/ver10/XMLSchema">
<powerLineFrequencyMode>50hz</powerLineFrequencyMode>
</powerLineFrequency>
Once I removed that from the XML file, it processed as normal and the cam did not reboot.