Different settings to the Hik cams at sunrise/sunset using Blue Iris event schedule

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Re: Different settings to the Hik cams at sunrise/sunset using Blue Iris event schedu

Thanks to MCX for this great information on making the changes for Blue Iris to change image setting that could not be done prior to his post.

I created a *.docx of MCX post of instructions so it can be downloaded and saved for later use.

(download MS Word Format)
View attachment Different settings to Hik cam sunrise_sunset.zip

MCX: Please take this and post it or link it on your original posting for downloading availability.
Credits are given to MCX within the document. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Re: Different settings to the Hik cams at sunrise/sunset using Blue Iris event schedu

Actually I do have a combination of both (IR/motion sensor floodlight). Here is another forum thread with some pics I posted.
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/6093-Improving-Nigh-Vision-Quality?p=54127&viewfull=1#post54127
Great info, thanks...and the light looks very good, I imagine the detail of a target is very nice as well. Strangely that grass looks like carpet in the pics, lol. Thanks!

mcx

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Thanks to MCX for this great information on making the changes for Blue Iris to change image setting that could not be done prior to his post.

I created a *.docx of MCX post of instructions so it can be downloaded and saved for later use.

(download MS Word Format)
View attachment 5923

MCX: Please take this and post it or link it on your original posting for downloading availability.
Credits are given to MCX within the document. :)
Link added. Well done @Bradmph Thanks!

devastator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Thanks for this !
The scripts work when run fron the command line, but nothing happens when I change PTZ preset. Anyone else has this problem ?

devastator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Running BI as a service was the culprit. Disabling it fixes PTZ presets

mcx

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Thanks for this !
The scripts work when run fron the command line, but nothing happens when I change PTZ preset. Anyone else has this problem ?
I have set BI run as a service but I don't have this problem. As I recall, BI needs to be restarted so that the PTZ buttons can operate.

ipcamal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

sorry to bump old tread but i'm having an issue grabbing the xml file. When i try to curl to xml file i get this:
<body><h2>Access Error: 401 -- Unauthorized</h2>
<p>Authentication Error: Your client does not have permission to get URL /image/channels from this server.</p>
Username and password works. My password is complex and has special characters. i wonder if thats the issue and if so how do i work around it?

Edit - Looks like it doesn't like special characters in the password string I'm guessing $ or @. Any workaround?

Edit again - found the answer. password needs to be encoded via URL encoder

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score

Has anyone tried to get this working on Dahua? I just got my first Dahua and would love to use this if possible. It works great on my Hiks.

mcx

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

yeme

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

I am trying to set this up with my Costco/Swann (FW 4.0.9) and receive this error:

Code:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
C:\Users\JohnS>cd\
C:\>
C:\>cam1_day.bat

C:\>curl -T c:\cam1_day.xml http://admin:ss@192.168.4.20/image/channels/1
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html><head><title>Document Error: Method Not Allowed</title></head>
<body><h2>Access Error: 405 -- Method Not Allowed</h2>
<p>Method PUT not supported by file handler at this location </p>
</body>
</html>
C:\>
I am willing to update the FW to V5.0.0 build 130412 (a post from bp2008) if anyone thinks it may help.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

It looks like you might be missing the port number on your curl command. It would be http://ipaddress:port/etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeme

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

I just added "ipaddr:80" and still receive the same error.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Ohh I see, are you trying to put the curl -T in the command line? That line is text that needs to be added to the bat file. Try reading the directions once more.

yeme

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

I just got it to work. I upgraded the FW to 5.0.0 and it is working. The older version must have been missing the proper XML protocols to interact with the scripting.

Thanks for your suggestions, this will be very helpful since I just added external LED infrared and needed to turn off WDR at night.

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Awesome, this will make a great difference

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Sorry, figured it out

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

Yes... sorry. I used admin(colon)password

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

Okay, I got cURL working and I have created a day.bat and a night.bat file and configured everything in BI according to the instructions. I'm successfully able to test the two settings via the PTZ control in the BI main window. Selecting each PTZ preset causes the camera to change modes.

Now... I'm not sure what to do in the camera config. Should Day/Night switch be set to Day, Night, Auto or Scheduled? I'm confused on what I need to do for settings in the attached screen shots in order for cURL to do what I need it to do. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 5.56.07 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-09-25 at 5.55.45 PM.png