Dig into iVMS4200 folder for lost password! Possible?

f-bone

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi - great forum guys! I received a lot of help so far although this is my first question.

I have a problem in the office - we have a hikvision DVR with 4 cameras and ivms4200 installed in my PC. Now we need to install it to my sisters computer but I do not know the DVR password - I have saved mine in my installation so I do not need to type it.

If we copy over my folder to her computer then it works she can also see the cameras but without the password we cannot install it in her mobile phone.

So the question is since the password is saved somewhere in the iVMS4200 installation is it possible to find it hidden somewhere? Using a hex editor or something?

Thank you for your time and efforts.

br,
george

tommyd75

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't know if any way to get it from the folders but you could just go to devices and select remote configuration and add a user for the mobile app as well as resetting the admin password. Then you would just have to go back into the device and edit the password and put the one one in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f-bone

n3wb
Reaction score
hi tommyd75,

thank you for your answer. I think I lost you a little.. Can you please give me more details on how to reset the admin password - will it not ask for current password? - and is that the iVMS4200 password or the DVR password? I am sorry I am not at the office to try now - will check tomorrow.

Also the model of the DVR is this one: DS-7204HGHI-SH-Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd. (DS-7204HGHI-SH/A).

thanks again tommy.

br,
george

tommyd75

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hi tommyd75,

thank you for your answer. I think I lost you a little.. Can you please give me more details on how to reset the admin password - will it not ask for current password? - and is that the iVMS4200 password or the DVR password? I am sorry I am not at the office to try now - will check tomorrow.

Also the model of the DVR is this one: DS-7204HGHI-SH-Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd. (DS-7204HGHI-SH/A).

thanks again tommy.

br,
george
I was talking about resetting the nvr password using the computer app.
Just go to device management and click on remote configuration. Since you're already logged in on the app you should be able to go in there and change the password for the NVR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk