Digital I/O causes BI4 to freeze

hotwire

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Let us know how it works out for you. There is part of me that strongly wants to get my Arduino working, but my lack of free time keeps me looking at the turnkey solution from Sealevel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ishaq Mir

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I had purchased the 'USB' 8112 Sealevel device after advice from Ken/Blue Iris Support and Sealevel themselves, and I have no regret, although it did cost £186 delivered!!!

Has worked flawlessly so far straight out of the box. Just had to install drivers first, then plug in to USB port and launch blue iris and enable. Has not crashed a single time and I'm very impressed with the high end Takex T15 PIRs, VERY stable intrusion detection device. Never going back to software motion detection!

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Will absolutely stay in touch and let you know my progress on the 120 poe.

eeeeees

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'll throw a little cold water into this discussion.The Sealevel devices are optically isolated (no ohmic connection in to out) which is a good thing. In the case of a USB Sealevel the Sealevel device is connected to the PC USB port which is extremely fragile and subject to ESD. Typically The Sealevel I/O lines are very long ----- think antennas and you will be close to right. Depending on the physical layout of the Sealevel, the I/O connected devices and the power supplies this could be either problematic or tolerable depending on your physical layout. Some areas like flordia and Texas are very subject lightning so your location figures in to all this. Your luck can vary. Since ethernet is by its nature galvanicly isolated this is a non problem when using an e120 POE. Good Luck Eric