Direct Viewing of Camera via Laptop

Captain_B

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am trying to do some testing of a Nano Station and in order to make sure it is working correctly I am trying to be able to access the camera's GUI directly with a laptop. I followed the directions and set the laptop's IP Address to static 192.168.1.200 as the instructions show, turn off wifi and then begin with connecting a test bullet camera in my office powered by a 12V 1 amp power cord and the RJ45 going from camera to laptop. The test camera has been initialized in the NVR and has an IP address of 10.1.1.79. I then go to Dahua IP Config Tool and follow the Dahua directions by going into "Search Settings" and entering the Password the NVR assigned to it that I gave the NVR. As a reference point, I did check the test bullet camera's WebGUI by going through the NVR and it connects each time with no issue using the NVR's password I gave it on initial startup a couple of months back. Now back to the results of "Search Settings", in the Dahua IP Config Tool, I enter the same password that is used on the NVR and Camera and everything goes fine. I then click on the box for the camera and then click on the Modify IP button and put in a static assigned IP address of 192.168.1.33, subnet as 255.255.255.0 and gateway of 192.168.1.1 I came up with, and when I click on the ok button and then get a password error on the Dahua IP Config Tool.

Is there a way I can view the camera without changing the IP address of 10.1.1.79 or going through the NVR? Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Wombat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey, I’m no network guru but I’m guessing you’re not on the same network ie your laptop is on 192.168 xxxxxxx and your camera is 10.1.1.79 but as I said I’m no guru. I’d change my laptop to 10.1.1.xx and give that a try. I’m sure someone will bob up with the exact answer.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Upper right corner of IP config, click on the little camera icon left of the - and X and read the help file.

Captain_B

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
looney2ns: Those are the instructions I followed and still no joy, any other suggestions?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
While connected to your laptop, open the access door on the camera, there you should find a reset button. While powered on, hold that button in for a minimum of 15 seconds.
That will reset the cam to factory defaults.
now login to the cam via 192.168.1.108. with a web browser.
Change the password to what you need.