Directly connecting to a Wansview Q5 camera without app possible?

DReffects

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

so I got a cheap Wansview Q5 1080 PTZ camera. Product claims to support RTSP and ONVIF but it seems like you have to register via their app first which I do not want to.
The camera broadcasts a Wifi Network with th advertised IP of the cam being 192.168.0.1 - you can reach an empty html page there via browser.

I was hoping to follow the guide from wansviews homepage to simply connect to rtsp:/192.168.0.1:554/live/ch0 with default username and pwd admin/123456 but this does not seem to work.

My usecase for this camera would be standalone with a dedicated tablet that would be connected to the wifi the camera broadcasts to use as a "baby monitor" within a larger vehicle while on the road :D

Any ideas on how to access the camera out of the box? :)

Thanks!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you try that URL ( admin:123456@rtsp:/192.168.0.1:554/live/ch0 ) with VLC ?

Of course, place 2 "/" after "RTSP:", as the forum software won't allow 2 to be posted consecutively.

DReffects

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes i have. No dice. I've set up the cam with the app and it turns out that the user name password combination is broken from the getgo. the (random) initial password that the app shows does not work unless you change a character.

Image Quality in FHD is limited to 1-1.5mbit with an image that looks like it's been "upscaled" from 480p with nearest neighbour method. this is going back. thanks for the quick reply though!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes i have. No dice. I've set up the cam with the app and it turns out that the user name password combination is broken from the getgo. the (random) initial password that the app shows does not work unless you change a character.

Image Quality in FHD is limited to 1-1.5mbit with an image that looks like it's been "upscaled" from 480p with nearest neighbour method. this is going back. thanks for the quick reply though!
And "ch1" on end vs. "ch0" is a substream?
this is going back. thanks for the quick reply though!
That'd be MY next move! :lol: