disable desktop frames possible?

rotation

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When dragging a camera window out of BI the window becomes a separate window outside of BI and potentially hidden behind all other windows.
Is there a way to disable this behavior?

My dad dragged out a camera making it a separate window and trying to fix it made it worse.
It would be sufficient to disable this desktop frames.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just right-click on the newly created desktop frame and then select (left-click) on "open in desktop frame", removing the check mark....it should go right back to where it was before the desktop frame was created......easy peasy lemon squeezy! :cool:

rotation

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yes, but the frame was in the background. I was rather asking if it is possible to disable this function entirely

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This may help. Your dad may be still left-clicking (holding left button down) on a camera window when he pulls away from it, causing the desktop frame. If so, try this:
  • Right-click on a black portion of the screen.
  • Click on "Drag lock" to put a check mark by it (enabling it).
This way he's less likely to accidentally create the desktop frame.:cool:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It is worth mentioning that newer versions of Blue Iris don't allow dragging cameras from the main view anymore, so I think the drag lock function is only found in older BI versions.

In the current Blue Iris, you must click a button 1713811635441.png to enter "Edit layout" mode in order to drag cameras.