Disappointed in LaView

Freyd

n3wb
Reaction score
I ordered two 4k bullet IP cameras from the LaView website on Nov 29 on their pre black Friday sale. I expected them to be slow shipping them out since my previous order with them took a few weeks to ship.

Today they canceled my order and refunded my card. I called their phone and only had the option to leave a voicemail (which I did). I used their chat system and was told the item I ordered was out of stock (it's still available for purchase on their website right now).

I asked them to honor my order and ship when they come back in stock.

They told me "Orders placed at this higher price are receiving a higher-end 8MP Camera." and I pointed out that the cameras I purchased were already 8MP with the same exact description and reiterated my request.

They stopped responding to the chat.

It seems to me they raised the price on these cameras and canceled all the outstanding orders at the lower price ($249 before black Friday discount).

I won't be purchasing LaView products in the future and suggest others consider the level of support given when making their decisions on which IP cameras to purchase.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I ordered two 4k bullet IP cameras from the LaView website on Nov 29 on their pre black Friday sale. I expected them to be slow shipping them out since my previous order with them took a few weeks to ship.

Today they canceled my order and refunded my card. I called their phone and only had the option to leave a voicemail (which I did). I used their chat system and was told the item I ordered was out of stock (it's still available for purchase on their website right now).

I asked them to honor my order and ship when they come back in stock.

They told me "Orders placed at this higher price are receiving a higher-end 8MP Camera." and I pointed out that the cameras I purchased were already 8MP with the same exact description and reiterated my request.

They stopped responding to the chat.

It seems to me they raised the price on these cameras and canceled all the outstanding orders at the lower price ($249 before black Friday discount).

I won't be purchasing LaView products in the future and suggest others consider the level of support given when making their decisions on which IP cameras to purchase.
Welcome @Freyd

I would suggest you also contact your CC company, and do keep an eye on any fraudulent charges on your CC as LaView's website previous to the BF-cyberweek deals had malware which hijacked CC info.

ref:
4K UltraHD 8.3MP Bullet Matrix IR Outdoor PoE IP Camera,4mm, h.265, IP67, 2-pack
SKU LV-PBK80804C-2PK

Freyd

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome @Freyd

I would suggest you also contact your CC company, and do keep an eye on any fraudulent charges on your CC as LaView's website previous to the BF-cyberweek deals had malware which hijacked CC info.

ref:
4K UltraHD 8.3MP Bullet Matrix IR Outdoor PoE IP Camera,4mm, h.265, IP67, 2-pack
SKU LV-PBK80804C-2PK
Thanks for the heads up on the fraud. They did refund my card today so I don't think there is anything the credit card company can do at this point.

I do keep a close eye on all my card transactions but knowing there was an incident I'll be quick to respond to any weird charges.