Disguising exposed pvc conduit

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I've finally finished wiring line voltage and low voltage to my barn, shed, and fence. On the fence, I have 2 seperate junction boxes mounted, and each has two 3/4 inch sections of pvc conduit running vertically from the bottom of the box into the ground. I painted them to match the fence, but they don't look quite right. Has anyone used anything to wrap or cover their exposed conduit? I wandered the aisles of Menards, but could not come up with any ideas.

It may just get left as is, but was wondering if the creative people here had any ideas.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've finally finished wiring line voltage and low voltage to my barn, shed, and fence. On the fence, I have 2 seperate junction boxes mounted, and each has two 3/4 inch sections of pvc conduit running vertically from the bottom of the box into the ground. I painted them to match the fence, but they don't look quite right. Has anyone used anything to wrap or cover their exposed conduit? I wandered the aisles of Menards, but could not come up with any ideas.

It may just get left as is, but was wondering if the creative people here had any ideas.
Picture?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
How about putting a piece of gutter or even downspout over them? You'd need to paint them but the end result might look more like a large base on the fence post.

windguy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ha, OCD for sure. It doesn't look any worse than having this big gray box sitting on your fence. Just say'n.
The paint helps the pipes blend in. Looks just fine to me and I'm in the OCD spectrum myself. You did a clean install job. Nicely done!
From one OCD to another, stop looking at it and move on to the next project. If it bothers you in a month, then box it in with some wood dog-ear fencing pieces or something similar.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
as sebastiantombs mentioned, you may coverup the tubes, same method for hiding AC Freon tubes, using nylon cable ties to attach both tubes/cover

This looks interesting, I'm going to get a small piece of this and see how it looks

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Really, that looks fine to me. If you want to make it look better, then go for it. But you're probably the only one who would ever notice it.