Dissed by BI?

moparcruiser

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So as I was perusing the BI help function for setting up email, I found this reference to IPCAMTALK:

"Although you may stumble upon other camera forums online, you are advised to proceed
with caution. Specifically, we do NOT support and are NOT affiliated with the “IPCamTalk”
forum and have in fact received many complaints from users concerning the way in which
they have been treated—the forum’s moderators are known to be intolerant of beginners
and in many cases provide profanity-laden and unprofessional replies."

Whuh?????

It was ONLY because of this forum's awesome folks that I bought BI and went that route.......I have experienced nothing but HELP here so far and I am as "beginner" as can be!!!

Not looking to stir up anything....it was just a shock to see this!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So as I was perusing the BI help function for setting up email, I found this reference to IPCAMTALK:

"Although you may stumble upon other camera forums online, you are advised to proceed
with caution. Specifically, we do NOT support and are NOT affiliated with the “IPCamTalk”
forum and have in fact received many complaints from users concerning the way in which
they have been treated—the forum’s moderators are known to be intolerant of beginners
and in many cases provide profanity-laden and unprofessional replies."

Whuh?????

It was ONLY because of this forum's awesome folks that I bought BI and went that route.......I have experienced nothing but HELP here so far and I am as "beginner" as can be!!!

Not looking to stir up anything....it was just a shock to see this!
Yes, its simple. When I toss folks off this forum for being assholes, they bitch to the developer. I could care less and his post just brings this forum more traffic. These folks who like to complain and bitch are best left for him to deal with. I am intolerant of ungrateful pricks who demand the world for the 59.99 or less they paid for BI. He is afraid of bad reviews from folks who would give them anyway. I am not.
Ken Pletzer is outright lying about the intolerance of beginners as is evidenced by thousands of my posts here. Instead of being thankful for not only sending him thousands of users and offloading thousands of support requests, he chooses to be a prick. None the less, BI is the best option out there at anywhere near this price point. Trust me, if there was something better I would go that route. The guy has a good product and needs to placate the internet babies who think this forum owes them something. You see, most forums are very nice to condescending parasite type users because they need the user count or the business. This forum needs none of that. The content speaks for itself.
I hope ken and the others keep posting about ipcamtalk everywhere and everywhere. There is no such thing as bad publicity in this industry.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The more time I spend on this whirling orb I discover there are many, many people that are thin-skinned snowflakes that wear their feelings on their sleeves. They can be offended if you take a breath or blink an eye while standing next to them...they want their butts kissed and expect YOUR gratitude for the privilege of helping them out.

Someone got their feelings hurt and e-mailed them, I reckon. Who cares? I certainly don't. :cool:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The more time I spend on this whirling orb I discover there are many, many people that are thin-skinned snowflakes that wear their feelings on their sleeves. They can be offended if you take a breath or blink an eye while standing next to them...they want their butts kissed and expect YOUR gratitude for the privilege of helping them out.

Someone got their feelings hurt and e-mailed them, I reckon. Who cares? I certainly don't. :cool:
In 99 percent of the cases they are rude and obnoxious, then pretend to get offended when I tell them to fuck off. They message Ken because they think it will hurt me in some way. I could not care less. I encourage them to do so and it pisses them off even more, because they realize that there is nothing they can do. This is not an internet safe space.

moparcruiser

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's funny.....everyone here is so helpful ...and the info is so forthcoming....and it's so CORRECT...I had assumed that this forum WAS the official forum for BI.

Hell, I even bought my license THROUGH THIS FORUM!!!!!

I understand , sort of, the developer trying to placate the karens out there.

But it should be handled on a user by user basis. Having a public statement inside the help file like that is...in my opinion....not right.

I, too, am disgusted by the PCness and walk-on-eggshells , kiss-assery that is rampant these days....the whiners get placated and the rest of us suffer.

I do not condone people being pricks just to be a prick or a smartass......there is a lot of that, led by keyboard commandos who would never have the balls to say what they do in an actual face to face setting.....

But when someone comes online and refuses to use common courtesy and respect towards someone helping them, well, I get bent and will respond in kind. In other words, I show respect to get respect until it's time to be a dick.

Glad to see I am not the only one.

You guys show an amazing amount of class in continuing to support the product and users of the product ...and in fact continuing to encourage users to purchase the product...in the face of that diss.

I hope the developer sees this....because , again, I ONLY made the leap BECAUSE of this forum and.... honestly....the handful of folks who were johnny-on-the-spot and helped me and made me feel welcome.

This forum is a great example of what the interweb should be used for.....not just sharing pictures of what you are eating or your kitty...honest to God help and info.

Kudos gents.

tspevacek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I to am one that purchased BI because of this forum and the route I was taking. I like my guns and have a decent stash of them. I had purchased a WD NVR to get stuff set up and recording so I could have time to set up a proper NVR PC. When I read more into the forum I started enjoying it more cause I did not see a lot asshats posting. I am a Jeeper and have been a member of many jeep forums for years and they are mostly getting over run by asshats, Anymore it hurts to log into most of them. I signed up for some membership thing to support the community because the few interactions I had were warm and welcoming. I tip my hat to the contributors, and staff of the forum it has been very enjoyable to me thus far.

Stihltech

n3wb
Reaction score
Since this was only posted 2 weeks ago, I felt I had to add a comment. I too, bought Blue Iris as a result of this forum. I posted a question here a few days ago and was very impressed with the very quick and helpful replies I got.
Now, with that said ... after reading this thread I decided to go and check it out myself. In my help file the only reference I can find to this forum is this:

Although you may stumble upon other camera forums online, you are advised to proceed with caution. Specifically, please know that we are not directly associated with the
IPCamTalk Forum.

To me this just states that they are not affiliated with this forum. To be fair though, I just bought my version a few days ago so I suspect they have edited and removed the rest of the aforementioned comment.
Regardless of affiliation or not, I am happy I found this forum so thanks for being helpful and quick to reply when us newbies need help.

moparcruiser

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Since this was only posted 2 weeks ago, I felt I had to add a comment. I too, bought Blue Iris as a result of this forum. I posted a question here a few days ago and was very impressed with the very quick and helpful replies I got.
Now, with that said ... after reading this thread I decided to go and check it out myself. In my help file the only reference I can find to this forum is this:

Although you may stumble upon other camera forums online, you are advised to proceed with caution. Specifically, please know that we are not directly associated with the
IPCamTalk Forum.

To me this just states that they are not affiliated with this forum. To be fair though, I just bought my version a few days ago so I suspect they have edited and removed the rest of the aforementioned comment.
Regardless of affiliation or not, I am happy I found this forum so thanks for being helpful and quick to reply when us newbies need help.
I had sent my comments to the BI author and he said he would change the disclaimer language ..

Glad to see he did!

fishead

n3wb
Reaction score
Again another one who only bought BI because of this forum and the help I've received. This forum is the reason I bought all my Dehua cameras direct from Andy and the excellent service he gave this novice when I hit a problem.