Distorted view

jeremyw

n3wb
Reaction score
I purchased a couple of new Amcrest cameras. On my Blue Iris software I keep getting alerts that look like the image below. It will distort for a couple of seconds and then go back to normal.

Is this something with the camera or Blue Iris? I open the QCAM app on my mobile phone(direct feed to camera) and it does not appear on these images while I'm watching it live. This leads me to believe it may be something with Blue Iris. Has anyone had a similar issue or can offer some feedback on how to resolve?

Capture.JPG

acp_xt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

This looks like a case of dropped frames. I say this because I get the same visual 'effect' on my phone when I remote view my cameras over my rather slow 1Mbps upload internet connection. Since your mobile is not facing the same problem, it would seem that the issue is somewhere between the camera and your computer running BlueIris. It may even be the PC itself. Any bottleneck in your network can cause frames to drop.

How is the computer connected to the camera? Do you use WiFi at any point in this connection between the camera and the computer?

Cheers

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Increase the receive buffer in the video configuration tab in BI set it to 20... Also in the camera match the iframe interval to the fps.

jeremyw

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

This looks like a case of dropped frames. I say this because I get the same visual 'effect' on my phone when I remote view my cameras over my rather slow 1Mbps upload internet connection. Since your mobile is not facing the same problem, it would seem that the issue is somewhere between the camera and your computer running BlueIris. It may even be the PC itself. Any bottleneck in your network can cause frames to drop.

How is the computer connected to the camera? Do you use WiFi at any point in this connection between the camera and the computer?

Cheers
No wifi at all. Cameras are hardwired to gigabit switch and then I think it hits a 10/100 to another 10/100 then to my PC running Blue Iris.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Tried this with no luck...
The qcam app on your mobile is likely displaying the substream so its not a proper comparison. Open vlc and use the correct path and see what happens there.
Also are you streaming the camera feed to multiple devices simultaneously?

jeremyw

n3wb
Reaction score
So I ended up replacing these QCAM's with HikVisions's yesterday. It works fine now. I'm guessing those are just cheap cameras?

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've had that kind of image when I first open VLC player to play a RTSP stream from a 4MP Dahua camera. It happens for just 1 second and the image flashes and all is constant and clear right away. I'm not sure in your case the problem or solution.