Distortion

Qualitech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey guys new i’m new to the forum i installed these cameras Hikvision 2mp hD analog cameras with Cat 5 wiring. Also i split the pairs in the cat 5 installing 2 cameras on the same cable. One camera in the cable works fine the other camera in the cable has distortion in the night like moving waves across FC0ADFD1-0707-49CE-96F1-9BA0C95AD769.pngthe screen but works fine in the day.

Attachments

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is a typical voltage drop. How far is this camera and what is the voltage and watt need of this camera?

Qualitech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Camera is 12v 1 amp camera and about 100 feet away. I also installed a 12v 5 amp power distribution box

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You must connect 2 pairs or 3 pairs of your cat cable for power. Try to get a second cable and connect it seperatly from the other cat wire

Qualitech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So You mean running a second seperate cable for the video and connecting 2-3 pairs For the power

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes. 1 cat cable for 1 camera. Take 1 pair from cable for video and 3 for power. For example blue and white blue for the balun and other colors for positive and white+colors for negative power.