Diving in here

triplec

n3wb
Reaction score
Found the forum looking around to retrofit a system to an existing home and gathering ideas for future homes as a builder. Learning the wiki and reading cliff notes. Thought I was going the NVR route and box kit route but so many ideas here have me reconsidering. I do have an older iMac that is wiping and sitting idle but not sure its up to the BI task so may stay with NVR but homework in progress. Thanks in advance for all those who have taken the time to comment on others as I am studying those now.

Reaction score
welcome and take your time, i spent 4 months learning before updating my system, and i am glad i did. The members are very helpful so ask questions as you study the wiki notes and you will be fine.

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I'd recommend the Blue Iris route for the features, flexibility and scalability that it offers. You can find a used capable pc for a reasonable price on eBay or craigslist. I'd also recommend getting a managed POE switch as this gives you a lot more options in terms of securing your network.