DMSS and AI detection alerts, filtering?

Reaction score
Hello folks, i just got HDW5442TM-ASE-S3(in Europe) and i set it up so i could use p2p with DMSS to get realtime alert when person is found, but it should be AI camera and still i get alerts on every motion or light or snow movement. I enabled and tested different SMD functions on top of motion detection, but still i cannot get AI "brain" to see people only. NB: no NVR or plans for NVR and for me only viable option is to configure it from pc browser and then move to other place and then use with p2p(behind mobile router). If anyone knows what should i configure to get AI "brain" working this way so it will not react to any other things except people, even far distance people(ca 30 meters or so)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Dont use MD/SMD.

USe IVS tripwire and/or Intrusion zones. Much better, few false alerts

Reaction score
Dont use MD/SMD.

USe IVS tripwire and/or Intrusion zones. Much better, few false alerts
Thanks i try to find out how to configure right way. Do motion detection need to be enabled so IVS will work or is IVS separate working system?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
No completely separate.

1- enable Smart Plan for IVS
2- Go to IVS and add a tripwire, checkbox for record
You can limit alerts to only humans or vehicles or both

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You can leave it on for IVS just not VMD

Not sure how much help it will be to you though with just a single camera not recording to an NVR...? Its fairly new, I've yet to play with it though

Reaction score
Ok turned off old VMD and live preview targets person with blue frame fine, seems that IVS working i presume. Thanks for speeding up myself with info. Hard to find very good info about camera only internal AI together with DMSS alerting. Now i start testing whan i miss in DMSS to get right alerts....

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes blue bounding box says its identified a target. When a person crosses the tripwire, the lines should momentarily flash red if its actually working.

Reaction score
Yes blue bounding box says its identified a target. When a person crosses the tripwire, the lines should momentarily flash red if its actually working.
Just now testing and DMSS alerted that human detected, very very good and plan starts to formulate. Now i move it back behind mobile router that resides in attic and tomorrow i see longer distance persons results. Can IVS sensitivity can be changed or something if distance people are not detected well?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
There is, or may be depending on the model, a tab for Global Config. I've not played with it a lot as I'm generally within short distances. But it can help. You draw little lines that are predetermined length so it helps it judge things in a quasi 3D space. YMMV I dont use it.

One thing worth thinking about in that vein, the lines have a 3D type quality to them. So a person can "walk under" your line going say north to south across the screen without detection. Try and imagine your lines hitting them at knee or waist height. Also multiple lines are beneficial the bigger the area.

I generally draw a zig zag tripwire (which works great but you lose the directional component) And wrap an Intrusion box around that

Example. Lady is short and literally walking "under" the line, even though in 2D she has crossed it. Man is taller, intersects line at a lower point and activates

1.jpg 2.jpg

Another example
picA.jpg picE.jpg

Reaction score
I found something too in my Web UI, seems a start to continue testing. Now i pull cable and move to attic to see results tomorrow. Very glad when someone helps to think along, thanks.

Attachments

Reaction score
Ahhh the new UI, yes forgot about that! Sorry,
Yes, i first time got Dahua and then i thought and hoped that VizMind S is newer and more smarter than previous ones that i have only seen in internet and sometimes observed talks here. No plans for NVR, just camera itself behind 4G router(UPS power as backup) and priority is get alerts when someone enters area. Let the testing begin. Any hints how to set delay before another detection so when someone moves i wont be flooded with alerts? like 10sec pause?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Typically labeled "Anti Dither " for MD but not sure if it can be set for IVS. There does seem to be a limiting factor on IVS however... good question let me look

Reaction score
Started to wonder, can this camera really exclude alert by known faces(if well visible) and how to apply known face into camera? if supported at all. I got basic IVS working and i receive clear alert that person detected.