DMSS and iPad monitor problems

steve hollis

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello everybody! I’m hoping this question will in turn help out lots of other people but need to find the answers first and this is proving harder to find than I thought.
What I want to know is, is there a list somewhere of all the best practice settings on an iPad that you need to use in order to use it as a cctv monitor. I’ve got a Dahua NVR with multiple cameras linked up to the tv with a long hdmi lead and have 2 iPads in neat enclosures, one in the kitchen using DMSS to view all cameras and one on the wall by the front door viewing unsurprisingly the front door camera.
All good YES, well NO because with DMSS running they go dark and the app terminates after about 15 minutes. I want them on permanently. Is this the iPad closing down or DMSS and how can you tell? The next problem I have with DMSS is when switch camera feeds because I’m reordering them 1 - 16 any new camera in an old position will not show, it will show the percentage counter which always will fail at 98-99% and then displays a blank space. Surely must be a caching problem but even reinstalling the app won’t cure this problem. Sounds like I need something better than DMSS and I would be grateful if someone could help with some alternatives please. The wife says cctv is probably the most boring subject known to mankind and reading this back, she’s probably right lol.
Regards Steve