DMSS constantly losing connection on tablet

Bolo

n3wb
Reaction score
I previosuly used GDMSS on my tablet running 24 hours without any issues. Every now and then the internet connection would stop and I'd get the "lost connection" message on the app and there would just be those circles instead of the camera view. I just tapped on the circles once the internet was back on and they loaded fine.

I recently installed a new router (same ISP and internet speed etc), and since then the app is constantly losing connection to the camera, they last for a few minutes and then go off. This is not consistent with my internet connection as far as I know. When I press the circles they load up immediately, but then go off again very soon.

This new router is actually far more powerful than my old one, and I always have full wifi power (if that makes sense) on every device anywhere in my house, which I did not have with my old router.

I thought it might be worth upgrading to DMSS, which I did, but the same problem persists.

Any advice please?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't use DMSS but sounds more like maybe an issue with WiFi between the tablet and router. It's not only a question of raw output signal from the router. Other various things can cause client connections to drop/reconnect. Could be something else, but the connections would be where I'd look first.

What router and does it have a monitor/log where you can see the status of client connections? Might also try to find a utility-type app that can run a constant ping from the tablet to the router/cams. Are the cams WiFi too or all wired?

Bolo

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Mike. Cams are all wired. Not too sure how to do the rest. Will check router type and update.

Bolo

n3wb
Reaction score
It's a sagemcom router (Australia)

How can I check the log?