DMSS iOS Application - V1.99.620 - Intrusion Alarm Push Notifications

HomeCinemaPC

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

I just recently updated the DMSS iOS application to the latest version 1.99.620 and noticed my Intrusion CAMERA NAME is no longer shown when a push notification is sent to my iPhone.

I now get Intrusion Alarm-Human or Intrusion Alarm-Vehicle. Prior to this update I would get FRONT DOOR Intrusion Alarm-Human 2023-12-27 16:32:27 or DRIVEWAY Intrusion Alarm-Human 2023-12-27 16:32:27 depending on which IVS intrusion rule was tripped.

This is an inconvenience as I now have to click on each notification and play the linked video to see which camera the rule got trigged. Has any one else experienced this issue due to the iOS app being updated? I have tested a TripWire and this seems to generate a notification correctly showing the camera name, intrusion alarm, data and time

I have attached a few screenshots showing what I am experiencing. I have made sure the settings in the NVR and on the DMSS app are correct. Multi-channel Alarm subscription is all selected.

My overall experience with the DMSS app has been awful and full of issues. I tried to reach out to the developers via the email hzcr@cce-soft.com but got no reply. I recently had issues where the iOS notifications were delayed by about 20 mins and I was not able to view all day recording, human and vehicle events on a 5G connection.

I have been considering selling the Dahau NVR and building a camera server running NXWitness. I can't take the risk by having the DMSS app not notify me when something important happens.

Any suggestions or feedback would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Attachments

Last edited:

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Dahua App will be always a pain in the ass. Mostly updates will make it worse. This is known for years and here are several threads about this.

Dahua will never be as smart as Ring, Reolink or even Hikvision. They dont care, dont listen and give a shit on consumers. For professional installers this is a huge problem, because you cant sell dahua products without complains of your customers. Some day it works, then they update their crap app and your customers spam you with problems.

The cee-soft company is a fake company they need caused by restrictions by US gov. You can email them, but never will receive an answer.

If you want to use Dahua cameras you can use third party software. Maybe it will fill your needs.

ermac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

I just recently updated the DMSS iOS application to the latest version 1.99.620 and noticed my Intrusion IVS name is no longer shown when a push notification is sent to my iPhone.

I now get Intrusion Alarm-Human or Intrusion Alarm-Vehicle. Prior to this update I would get FRONT DOOR Intrusion Alarm-Human 2023-12-27 16:32:27 or DRIVEWAY Intrusion Alarm-Human 2023-12-27 16:32:27 depending on which IVS intrusion rule was tripped.

This is an inconvenience as I now have to click on each notification and play the linked video to see where the rule got trigged. Has any one else experienced this issue due to the iOS app being updated? I have tested a TripWire and this seems to generate a notification correctly showing the location name, data and time of the IVS rule.

I have attached a few screenshots showing what I am experiencing. I have made sure the settings in the NVR and on the DMSS app are correct. Multi-channel Alarm subscription is all selected.

My overall experience with the DMSS app has been awful and full of issues. I tried to reach out to the developers via the email hzcr@cce-soft.com but got no reply. I recently had issues where the iOS notifications were delayed by about 20 mins and I was not able to view all day recording, human and vehicle events on a 5G connection.

I have been considering selling the Dahau NVR and building a camera server running NXWitness. I can't take the risk by having the DMSS app not notify me when something important happens.

Any suggestions or feedback would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
I had a similar issue with my push notifications on the DMSS app. DMSS Issues

After a lot of frustration in trying to solve the issue, the technical department of my camera supplier contacted Dahua technical support who then reached out to me directly. If you register an account and sign-in to the DMSS app, the app then works like it should and pulls all the information from the NVR. Using the DMSS app not signed-in seems to give you a "lite" version of the features.

Hope this helps.

ermac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dahua App will be always a pain in the ass. Mostly updates will make it worse. This is known for years and here are several threads about this.

Dahua will never be as smart as Ring, Reolink or even Hikvision. They dont care, dont listen and give a shit on consumers. For professional installers this is a huge problem, because you cant sell dahua products without complains of your customers. Some day it works, then they update their crap app and your customers spam you with problems.

The cee-soft company is a fake company they need caused by restrictions by US gov. You can email them, but never will receive an answer.

If you want to use Dahua cameras you can use third party software. Maybe it will fill your needs.
Not entirely accurate, Dahua is professional class security surveillance equipment like HikVision, Axis, Avigilon etc. Although Dahua and HikVision have some consumer lines of products, they cannot be compared to Reolink or Ring, as Reolink and Ring are consumer / DIY grade products and do not punch in the same weight class as Dahua and HikVision.

What do you mean by fake software? Dahua and HikVision are both restricted by the US government, no US government department or US government building around the world (embassies etc) are allowed to use either of them because they are Chinese companies, i.e. the US' biggest technology and industrial competitor and the decree was based on the risk of espionage on those facilities as well as the accusations of industrial espionage allegedly committed by HikVision on Avigilon (a US / Canadian security camera company).

I have engaged Dahua via email directly at times for support and the have always been very helpful. Dahua is however a B2B company and are not really consumer facing, therefore you should try reaching out to their local distributor in your country first as they should have support teams trained on Dahua products that will be able to assist you.

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

After a lot of frustration in trying to solve the issue, the technical department of my camera supplier contacted Dahua technical support who then reached out to me directly. If you register an account and sign-in to the DMSS app, the app then works like it should and pulls all the information from the NVR. Using the DMSS app not signed-in seems to give you a "lite" version of the features.

Hope this helps.
Agree thats what Im finding as well. It will work without having an account and signed in, but you lose features.

HomeCinemaPC

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply. I have been registered and logged in the DMSS app for a while as I use the Device Sharing function to share the cameras.

Under Multi-channel Alarm Subscriptions > Intrusion Alarm > all 8 of my cameras names are selected but my push notifications only show Intrusion Alarm-Human or Intrusion Alarm-Vehicle. This has only stopped working with the latest app update V1.99.620 for Apple iOS.
It should show IVS NAME - Intrusion Alarm-Human DATE TIME as it had been working like this for years.

I have also added my NVR in under Local WiFi (ip of NVR) as when at home viewing the cameras is much quicker. On this one the Multi-channel Alarm Subscriptions is not selected as I would be doubling up on push notifications and these would not come through on a 5G mobile connection only while on local network. (screenshot attached)

I installed the system myself and have no supplier to contact.

I have found in the DMSS app under Me > Please enter your feedback > report a issue a section to provide comment and attach photos of the issue so hopefully this will get fixed soon :thumb:

Attachments

Last edited:

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not entirely accurate, Dahua is professional class security surveillance equipment like HikVision, Axis, Avigilon etc. Although Dahua and HikVision have some consumer lines of products, they cannot be compared to Reolink or Ring, as Reolink and Ring are consumer / DIY grade products and do not punch in the same weight class as Dahua and HikVision.

What do you mean by fake software? Dahua and HikVision are both restricted by the US government, no US government department or US government building around the world (embassies etc) are allowed to use either of them because they are Chinese companies, i.e. the US' biggest technology and industrial competitor and the decree was based on the risk of espionage on those facilities as well as the accusations of industrial espionage allegedly committed by HikVision on Avigilon (a US / Canadian security camera company).

I have engaged Dahua via email directly at times for support and the have always been very helpful. Dahua is however a B2B company and are not really consumer facing, therefore you should try reaching out to their local distributor in your country first as they should have support teams trained on Dahua products that will be able to assist you.
What are you even talking about ?

Go to your playstore/appstore and lookup who the "developer" of DMSS is.

does this look like a real company for you ?

I can send you a huge bug list. Try to send it to dahua. I already did. Nothing happen for years. They dont care.

Start with the annoying bug on all NVRs: Pre Record of IVS events has no effect when using continous record.

Maybe they fix it now after a a decade because YOU send them a mail .. lol

Dahua is far away from axis or avigilon. But they have their price tag.
Dahua can only compete on hardware. Software will never be on a professional level. They cannot even translate chinese. Even the translation is buggy. And they have departments on most bigger countries with native speakers.
Lol. They could get real translation for free. At least they dont have humanoid tracking...

Last edited:

ermac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I have been registered and logged in the DMSS app for a while as I use the Device Sharing function to share the cameras.

Under Multi-channel Alarm Subscriptions > Intrusion Alarm > all 8 of my cameras names are selected but my push notifications only show Intrusion Alarm-Human or Intrusion Alarm-Vehicle. This has only stopped working with the latest app update V1.99.620 for Apple iOS.
It should show IVS NAME - Intrusion Alarm-Human DATE TIME as it had been working like this for years.

I have also added my NVR in under Local WiFi (ip of NVR) as when at home viewing the cameras is much quicker. On this one the Multi-channel Alarm Subscriptions is not selected as I would be doubling up on push notifications and these would not come through on a 5G mobile connection only while on local network. (screenshot attached)

I installed the system myself and have no supplier to contact.

I have found in the DMSS app under Me > Please enter your feedback > report a issue a section to provide comment and attach photos of the issue so hopefully this will get fixed soon :thumb:
I have only recently set up IVS on some of my cameras, for the most part I have always just used SMD.

My push notification on my iPhone for IVS alerts are as follows:

DMSS
NVR Name Camera Name
Intrusion Alarm-Human
Date Time

The actual IVS name on that camera does not show on the push notification but I do get date and time.

It might be a change they made on the push notification and they removed the IVS name for what ever reason, I am also running the latest version of the iOS app, but I haven't run IVS prior the latest app version so I can't compare how the push notification was structured previously.

ermac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What are you even talking about ?

Go to your playstore/appstore and lookup who the "developer" of DMSS is.

does this look like a real company for you ?

I can send you a huge bug list. Try to send it to dahua. I already did. Nothing happen for years. They dont care.

Start with the annoying bug on all NVRs: Pre Record of IVS events has no effect when using continous record.

Maybe they fix it now after a a decade because YOU send them a mail .. lol

Dahua is far away from axis or avigilon. But they have their price tag.
Dahua can only compete on hardware. Software will never be on a professional level. They cannot even translate chinese. Even the translation is buggy. And they have departments on most bigger countries with native speakers.
Well my Chinese isn't very good :lmao:, but not sure what makes you think this is a fake company. Dahua used to develop their mobile app software themselves. Now they outsource their app development to this software company, for whatever their reason is, but I am not going to try speculate why they did that.

Yes we all know that Axis (Canon) and Avigilon are the best in the security surveillance industry, but they cannot compete against Dahua and HikVision from a price point.

HomeCinemaPC

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have only recently set up IVS on some of my cameras, for the most part I have always just used SMD.

My push notification on my iPhone for IVS alerts are as follows:

DMSS
NVR Name Camera Name
Intrusion Alarm-Human
Date Time

The actual IVS name on that camera does not show on the push notification but I do get date and time.

It might be a change they made on the push notification and they removed the IVS name for what ever reason, I am also running the latest version of the iOS app, but I haven't run IVS prior the latest app version so I can't compare how the push notification was structured previously.
Thanks for trying this out.

I sent you a conversation...

My DMSS app is still not doing as it should :thumbdown:.

Last edited: