DMSS update 30.3.24 and PTZ preset lost

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Seems that new update 30.3.24 has wiped away the flag icon for choosing PTZ preset. Anyone else noticed?

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm on android 1.199.701 date build 2024/3/28. Updated yesterday. Also lost Presets.

vinmassaro

n3wb
Reaction score
Also noticed this on iOS and went to check for a DMSS update and the app has been removed from the App Store. :oops:

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Was on android DMSS version ending 701, just now got an update apparently to fix bugs, now on version 702. Still no Presets!

2smooth

n3wb
Reaction score
Whilst I don’t run a PTZ on my home setup the new iOS update is an utter mess! Very buggy and lots of issues watching event playback and even notifications.
Have sent feedback to Dauha with screenshots.

Version: 1.99.700
Build: 2024.03.28

Reaction score
I’ve downloaded Amcrest View Pro 2 and regained some usability. The problem was I bought a new NVR and lost IVS notifications in the app. I know the tripwire is working because I get an email notification. I know push notifications are working because I get motion and SMD notifications but no IVS notifications

Reaction score
just use easyviewer, its the latest good dmss fork
Unfortunately I’ve decided it’s the new NVR and not an app problem. I’ve added the old NVR to the Amcrest app and the IVS notifications work. Just got a motion notification from the new NVR but no IVS. The email came through from the new NVR for the IVS though

giannid

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having a problem viewing my cameras on the DMSS app while on cellular data and couldn't get it to work. I decided to try uninstalling the app. To my surprise, I could no longer get the app on the iphone and says it's not available in the USA. Back to using the old IDMSS which only lets me live view and is very buggy. The DMSS app was working fine for me for a long time. I'm not sure why these companies have to upgrade this garbage before making sure everything works properly. My problems started a few days ago with the update. I'm kind of sick of Dahua altogether. Thinking about scraping the whole system.

Reaction score
Same here. I wasn’t having problems with DMSS per se but I don’t have auto updates on. I was having trouble with IVS notifications and I just switched to a new NVR and thought deleting and reinstalling might be worth a shot. Unfortunately I picked the day they pulled it from the App Store. In contact with Andy, says it will be back soon

vinmassaro

n3wb
Reaction score
this issue is likely not related to the app, but your network config

I'm having a problem viewing my cameras on the DMSS app while on cellular data and couldn't get it to work. I decided to try uninstalling the app. To my surprise, I could no longer get the app on the iphone and says it's not available in the USA. Back to using the old IDMSS which only lets me live view and is very buggy. The DMSS app was working fine for me for a long time. I'm not sure why these companies have to upgrade this garbage before making sure everything works properly. My problems started a few days ago with the update. I'm kind of sick of Dahua altogether. Thinking about scraping the whole system.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Normally i would agree but the app update in the past few days seems to have broken many functions and Dahua has pulled the app from the App Store.
The APP is borked

giannid

n3wb
Reaction score
It’s worked fine for years. Now all the sudden, it quits working on cellular data after the update. I didn’t change any settings on my dvr. I’m not sure what happened but I’m able to live view with cellular data with the old idmss app.

I guess I’ll just have to wait till the app is available again and mess with it then. Waste of my time. Wasn’t broken and not sure why they have to try and fix it.

Reaction score
Seems that new update 30.3.24 has wiped away the flag icon for choosing PTZ preset. Anyone else noticed?
Yes, i have iphone, no PTZ presets and PTZ not working well, cant playback push notification and all events are mixed when playback, bad update !

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, i have iphone, no PTZ presets and PTZ not working well, cant playback push notification and all events are mixed when playback, bad update !
Yes, PTZ momevent is also changed, it's almost impossible to fine-adjust full-zoomed PTZ even the step speed is set 1.