DMSS

greginese

n3wb
Reaction score
Since the last update, push notifications stop coming through after a day or two. I have to click on the app, it's good for a day or 2 then the notifications stop again.
It works on one phone fine and the second phone I have this issue.

MONKEY2274

n3wb
Reaction score
Same problem as above. Device is a Samsung S24Ultra

Had 2 Google pixel 7's running on the same camera security system that worked fine. After upgrading my phone it stops sending alert notifications after approximately 1 day.
Only way to fix this is to log out and log back in the Dmss app.... need to do this daily to keep notifications coming.
Incidentally my wife's pixel 7 is still getting notifications, hasn't had any problems on that device.

Hope they get it fixed!

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I haven't been able to get notifications working for devices in local device mode since Wednesday.

Been a few updates of the app since then, they seem to be working again.

Reaction score
Dahua is messing a lot around P2P last months..

they released a lots of new firmwares for NVR / cams with P2P fixes...

they blocked older vulnerable versions of P2P..

they do something with P2P servers...

I see high numbers of reports like Yours on Polish Dahua groups in last month/two..

One version DMSS works ok, second not.. or on one GSM provider everything works ok, on second GSM provider everyone have problems..

Let's hope that one day these upgrades will be finished and we will finally have stable and safe P2P in all Dahua apps.

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, have had mixed reports here in Australia as well, they seem to break something with each update, then release fixes, lol.

greginese

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm experiencing longer delays when I get notifications
By the time someone is at my door they are long gone when I get a notification

MONKEY2274

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes broken again. Only way to have it work for a day is to log out and log back in on the app.

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if dmss app supports lan live for dahua cameras? I am new to dahua and have hero a1 camera. its not loading live view when connected in same wifi network with no internet.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if dmss app supports lan live for dahua cameras? I am new to dahua and have hero a1 camera. its not loading live view when connected in same wifi network with no internet.
Yes, this is answered in the other thread. If you use P2P you must have internet to connect to the P2P servers. If you use the camera local IP address you wont have this problem.