Do most people save cam data 24/7 or only when motion sensing works?

micoinde

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The required directory setup in BI is valid although I did not view in Windows Explorer, so I do not know was occupies the assigned directories. It is very strange. All I need is to keep 31 days of video.

Here is a screenshot my the Clips and archiving window.

Thanks.

Attachments

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you choose Triggered plus Continuous to record both? What's the minutes and seconds to the right for?
NO. that will NOT get what you want as explained in the help file..simply set it to continuous and set the motion detection...you will have continuous recording with motion events marked...

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Great thread! So if I want to record/store 24/7 footage but I also want my motion trigger settings to alert and provide a clip that only shows the motion that caused the alert, is that possible?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Great thread! So if I want to record/store 24/7 footage but I also want my motion trigger settings to alert and provide a clip that only shows the motion that caused the alert, is that possible?
Yes.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Yes, I saw where you said "with motion events marked...". It was unclear to me if that just marked them in the timeline or actually created reviewable clips.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I saw where you said "with motion events marked...". It was unclear to me if that just marked them in the timeline or actually created reviewable clips.
Its does not need to create any clips, that would be a waste..its already recording 24/7...

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Its does not need to create any clips, that would be a waste..its already recording 24/7...
Right but I would like to review clips with the BI app on my phone. How does that work when recording continuously while motion events are marked?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Right but I would like to review clips with the BI app on my phone. How does that work when recording continuously while motion events are marked?
review the alert which will take you to the correct point in the clip