Do Not Purchase Anything from Aliexpress seller, Sincerity Trade co., LTD/hong zhang

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have not communicated with this character "hong zhang" in 2 weeks. I would not trust anyone who calls me a liar to access my cam.

Just received another message from "hong zhang" calling me a liar. I am posting all my exchanges for this community to see what a piece of shit, unprofessional businessman this guy is. He might believe in China he can instill fear in customers by sending them a message calling them liars, but he made a big mistake calling me a liar.

[FONT=&quot]hong zhang
2016-06-24 05:41

Your account have no any purchase records, you are deliberately to cheat money?You are a liar !!!!!

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]hong zhang
2016-06-10 10:09

Tell me your camera dahua DDNS domain name,
I need to access it

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]hong zhang
2016-06-10 10:04

You don't have to shut down the camera infrared, the temperature of the don't care about it, it can adapt to -40 to 60 degrees Celsius,
The camera support h2.64. H2.65. MJPG mode!
I sold hundreds of cameras, never customers say cameras have any fault

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
You should take an English reading comprehension course before calling anyone a novice or liar!
If you understood my third sentence I did also set manually the time and still it reverts to one hour behind the actual time that is what I meant when I wrote " or manually setting".
What are you implying with the following statement:
"2.the camera video stream encode to H264H, FPS to 20, and Bit Rate Type to VBR" Are you implying I cannot set the camera to H264, 20 FPS and VBR?
Just to let you know I have not touched the substream setting, the default sub stream "Encode Mode" is H264.
My camera is not installed outside...I test all IP cameras indoor before I install them outside. Currently the Dahau camera is on a table in my air conditioned living room. So your #3 explanation does not apply in this situation. I have Hikvision cam which never ran warm!
How do I turn the IR off so he unit does not get hot at night?

Me
2016-06-10 09:57

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
I received my first Dahua camera a few days ago. The cam is having the following problems. 1) When I set Date&Time by "Sync PC "or manually setting, after approximately 5 minutes the time resets to being one hour off (example, instead of displaying 8:00am, 7:00am is displayed, off by an hour every time). Yes "save succeeded" is displayed every time after I set the correct time. 2) When I change the main video stream encode to H264, FPS to 20, and Bit Rate Type to VBR, the setting reverts back to original settings MJPEG and CBR. Yes "save succeeded" with the green check circle is displayed when I save my settings. 3) One other concern I have is the ball gets pretty warm, even on the bottom. When the IR is on the ball gets hot. I would prefer to turn the IR off. There is no way to turn IR off as is on my Hikvision cam.

[/FONT]

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Re: Do Not Purchase Anything from Aliexpress seller, Sincerity Trade co., LTD/hong zh

This was the first reply to my question/concerns I received from hong zhang which for some reason did not appear in the above message exchange:

[h=4]Details[/h]
Did you receive your orderYes
Do you want to return goodsNo
Dispute Reason:Does not work properly
Dispute Order Total:US $ 76.95( US $ 76.95 Product Price and US $ 0.00 Shipping Fee )
Refund Amount:US $ 0.00
Dispute Opened:Jun. 10 2016
Requests Detail:1. you just need to setup the camera Date & time,then clik Save,don't need to click sync pc!2.the camera video stream encode to H264H, FPS to 20, and Bit Rate Type to VBR, 3.the camera Working temperature -40 -- 60 degree centigrade,please don't worry !Now time is summer, the temperature is very high, it is very normal!by the way ,Your account have any no purchase records,maybe you are a novice or a liar!if you need to refund,please send the camera to our warehouse in USA

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
Re: Do Not Purchase Anything from Aliexpress seller, Sincerity Trade co., LTD/hong zh

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]what model of Dahua?

"1) When I set Date&Time by "Sync PC "or manually setting, after approximately 5 minutes the time resets to being one hour off (example, instead of displaying 8:00am, 7:00am is displayed, off by an hour every time). Yes "save succeeded" is displayed every time after I set the correct time."

have you enabled DST? if not, that may explain why you're off by an hour after it syncs...

[/FONT][/FONT]

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

HDW4431C-A. I solved the problem myself. If I set to GMT-500, it reverts one hour behind actual time, so I set to GMT-400.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score

until your clocks change (assuming you are in a country that observes DST). then you'll be off by an hour again.
the proper solution (for this issue, at least) is to enable DST (with offset of 60 min) in the cam's UI.

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

DST is not enabled, see attached. What is the start and end time suppose to be?

DST.jpg

Thank you very much for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

[FONT=&amp]When the IR is on the ball gets hot. I would prefer to turn the IR off. There is no way to turn IR off as is on my Hikvision cam.

[/FONT]
What cam did you get? What Hik cam are you comparing it to? I was concerned when I first got my PTZ that it was running too hot. Right now it is running at 34 degrees celcius despite the temp being 6.1 currently. The illuminator and the processor both make heat and that heat has to get to the ambient air somehow. The skin of the camera is one of the few places they can expell that heat. Crack open your PC and feel the heatsink whilst running prime 95 or similar.

Last edited by a moderator:

nejakejnick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Yep, some motherboards have heatsinks on which you cannot hold a finger even at idle, but it doesn't mean that something is broken.

Buy an IR thermometer and measure the temperature.

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

What cam did you get? What Hik cam are you comparing it to? I was concerned when I first got my PTZ that it was running too hot. Right now it is running at 34 degrees celcius despite the temp being 6.1 currently. The illuminator and the processor both make heat and that heat has to get to the ambient air somehow. The skin of the camera is one of the few places they can expell that heat. Crack open your PC and feel the heatsink whilst running prime 95 or similar.

The PC I use has a fan to cool down the processor...in addition the PC is not exposed to 10 hours of sun. Place where I was going to mount Dahua cam has at least 10 hours of direct sunlight. As a former computer technician for 20 years I know electronic components exposed to direct sunlight does not work well together.

In post four I posted Dahua model number. Hikvision is the 4mp 2042 bullet cam. Evidently Hikvision has an option to turn off IR, Dahua does not.

Does Blue Iris software have an option to turn off IR on Dahua cams?

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Yep, some motherboards have heatsinks on which you cannot hold a finger even at idle, but it doesn't mean that something is broken.

Buy an IR thermometer and measure the temperature.
You must have not read my message to the seller. The issue of heat was a concern, I did not state or imply "something is broken".

"3) One other concern I have is the ball gets pretty warm, even on the bottom. When the IR is on the ball gets hot. I would prefer to turn the IR off. There is no way to turn IR off as is on my Hikvision cam."

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Hong Zhang sounds like a nasty douchebag...but what on Earth did you expect for $76.95 from a Chinese stranger? doh.gif

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

You did say your camera was having "problems" and then listed that as a problem. They are Chinese so you can't expect their English to be amazing so it's easy to misinterpret words in sentences.

Yes, he shouldn't have called you a liar but from the above it looks like you opened a dispute immediately saying it doesn't work rather than messaging them asking for help. If you wanted local support in proper English then you should have purchased it from a local supplier. Buying from aliexpress is always a gamble/trade-off.

You can't turn off IR on some Dahua models. The PC has a fan yes, but this isn't a PC. Put your PC outside in the rain and see how long that lasts compared to your cameras for example. The advice from the others regards issues (1) and (3) are perfectly normal. As for issue (2) what browser are you using? Have you tried IE? It will be the fact that something on your computer is stopping it from being saved.

- - - Updated - - -

Hong Zhang sounds like a nasty douchebag...but what on Earth did you expect for $76.95 from a Chinese stranger? View attachment 11578
+1 on both points hahaha

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Hong Zhang sounds like a nasty douchebag...but what on Earth did you expect for $76.95 from a Chinese stranger? View attachment 11578
He is a very unprofessional nasty douchebag. If I ever called anyone of my customers a LIAR during my computer technician days, I would have been fired by my manager. I guess in China with the new generation they don't teach the philosophy the "customer is always right". Actually I shouldn't say that because when I had questions about my Hikvision cam, that seller answered my questions professionally, did not resort to calling me naive or liar because I had not purchased any cams from them previously.

Just want to make sure everyone reading this thread understands I never requested to return the dahua cam, see my post #2.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

You still disputed it, and that riles up sellers on Aliexpress, Amazon and eBay. First try to talk, then dispute if it's not working out.

You essentially disputed the total amount paid. Did you not understand that? The options that can come from that include partial refund, refund or return. So you did effectively start a return despite checking the "No I don't want to return" box.

He shouldn't have called you a liar, no-one is agreeing with their crappy customer service style. All I'm trying to offer is an insight into how purchasing from Aliexpress works.

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

You still disputed it, and that riles up sellers on Aliexpress, Amazon and eBay.
Wrong when it comes to my purchase of Hikvision camera. It did not rile up the seller from Amazon in which I purchased my Hikvision camera. Matter of fact I contacted the seller through Amazon. When the seller contacted me I stated to them up front I do not want a refund, just my questions answered which they did professionally. They were not pissed off at me for going through Amazon to contact them, I was not called any names.

Just want to give everyone my insight...I considered this Dahua camera case to be closed 2 weeks ago. I had let it go, but when I received the email from Hong Zhang yesterday calling me a liar again, that pissed me off. If he was smart he should have let it go. He better hope Aliexpress does not ask me to rate my purchase.

There was absolutely no need for him to send me this message yesterday!

"hong zhang
2016-06-24 05:41

Your account have no any purchase records, you are deliberately to cheat money?You are a liar !!!!!"

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

It's not a personal attack on you. Disputing rather than contacting first does rile up sellers and it doesn't matter which platform you purchase on. My whole point is, if you want them to try to help you then contact first, dispute later if required. You contacted through Amazon, not disputed (I think).

Yes, Hong Zhang is demonstrating rubbish customer service. But this is Aliexpress! This is what others should expect from the majority of sellers especially if they start a dispute. He probably got really riled up because you said the camera was faulty and it wasn't, not saying that's a good reason!

Anyway, I digress. Did you fix issue (2)?

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I think Amazon actually did file a dispute because when the seller contacted me they wanted to know why I wanted a refund to which I replied I did not want a refund.

I have wasted too much time with this Dahua cam. Issue 2 is not resolved. It appears another member of this community has the same problem: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/11882-IPC-HFW4300S-codec-switches-from-H-264-to-MJPEG-upon-connecting!-Help!?highlight=mjpeg

The sub stream is pretty good on my android device. I will use the camera for testing purposes, and bird watching.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

if you have anything connecting to the axis MJPEG Video URI it will switch from h264 to MJPEG automatically.. If your camera is switching from h264 to MJPEG, this is why.

check your viewing software is setup correctly.