Do POE Cams Have their Own IP Address (like my Wifi cams?)

ClarityAVS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'd probably start with resetting the camera.

Also, if you have the POE switch.. Unplug it from the network, plug the camera and your pc into the switch, then try to connect to the web interface of the camera. If you can't, then it's a camera issue rather than NVR. This is assuming the brand you're using allows your to connect to a web interface.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Brad Palmquist
Unless I missed it, you've not stated your goal. How do you want to record these cams going forward?
If you reset the camera to factory default, it will then have the IP of 192.168.1.108.
Turn off the NVR.
Connect the cam to the POE switch, use the Dahua config tool (read the included directions) initialize the cam.
Change the default IP to something you know is open.
Such as 192.168.1.50.
Then setup the next cam only change the IP to 192.168.1.51 for example

If you only want to use the cams with the Dahua NVR, then reset the cams to factory defaults, then one at a time, plug the camera into the NVR, wait until you see the camera show up on the nvr interface, then connect the next camera. The NVR will auto-magically do the setup. It takes a bit for the NVR to configure each cam, be patient.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
On V4 they just moved things around to make it harder to fins stuff :( Same registartion page is there, go top left menu, choose Management/Cameras...

ClarityAVS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Brad Palmquist
Unless I missed it, you've not stated your goal. How do you want to record these cams going forward?
If you reset the camera to factory default, it will then have the IP of 192.168.1.108.
Turn off the NVR.
Connect the cam to the POE switch, use the Dahua config tool (read the included directions) initialize the cam.
Such as 192.168.1.50.

If you only want to use the cams with the Dahua NVR, then reset the cams to factory defaults, then one at a time, plug the camera into the NVR, wait until you see the camera show up on the nvr interface, then connect the next camera. The NVR will auto-magically do the setup. It takes a bit for the NVR to configure each cam, be patient.
To me it sounds like he hasn't changed the IP to any of the cameras. Which means IP conflict regardless.

ClarityAVS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
He needs to access the cameras off the network, change the ip's, and then reconnect. Not just unplug the NVR.

Brad Palmquist

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@Brad Palmquist
Turn off the NVR.
Such as 192.168.1.50.

Thank you for the help! I purchased the NVR and 6 5831 cams from Andy with the plan being to obviously utilize the NVR. I plugged 1 cam into a prewired location at my front door and have attempted to setup the NVR since. I have had a ton of trouble in getting the NVR to send email notification (have never been able to make that work) and have not had any luck in push notifications on android gdmss. Our area of the east bay CA have been plagued with home break ins and my wife just wants something to work that will notify us of IVS rules. With the given troubles with the NVR i dug out an old desktop to try a VMS with the plan being if it worked to get a refurbished computer for BI. But honestly would prefer to stick with the NVR since I have it already.

I appreciate all the help, and will try to reset the cams and see it any IP conflicts are resolved to get the NVR back on the network. But I have only plugged in 2 cams to it, 1 being located at 10.1.1.65 and the 2nd I changed to a different 192 address than the NVR. I will update with results after I reset cams. Thanks again for all the help!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
If you have a built in PoE NVR let the NVR assign the IPs all by itself. They’ll all be on the 10.1.1.x net and it dies it automagically.

Folks get in trouble trying to apply config toll and other gymnastics to NVRs with a built in switch.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you for the help! I purchased the NVR and 6 5831 cams from Andy with the plan being to obviously utilize the NVR. I plugged 1 cam into a prewired location at my front door and have attempted to setup the NVR since. I have had a ton of trouble in getting the NVR to send email notification (have never been able to make that work) and have not had any luck in push notifications on android gdmss. Our area of the east bay CA have been plagued with home break ins and my wife just wants something to work that will notify us of IVS rules. With the given troubles with the NVR i dug out an old desktop to try a VMS with the plan being if it worked to get a refurbished computer for BI. But honestly would prefer to stick with the NVR since I have it already.

I appreciate all the help, and will try to reset the cams and see it any IP conflicts are resolved to get the NVR back on the network. But I have only plugged in 2 cams to it, 1 being located at 10.1.1.65 and the 2nd I changed to a different 192 address than the NVR. I will update with results after I reset cams. Thanks again for all the help!
First order of business is to install a good alarm system that is monitored. Cameras are like the police, they are for after the fact information.