Do they make an IR dispersion filter?

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there any way to disperse the light from built in IR?
In this example photo I have the camera set about 9ft up looking at two entrance doors and a bit of side yard.
But because of the necessary angle, direction and proximity to the center focal point, the majority of the IR lights up the table in the middle of the scene which I dont really care about but the doors, esp the ouble on the right is dark.

I know I could add external IR but was just wondering if there is some sort of tiny light disbursion filter out there I could place over the two IRs to spread it out a little more evenly. My Google search has been fruitless.
It would be nice if they made a cam with directional IRs too you could move around.

This is the HDW 5321R-z btw.
Screenshot_2017-03-06-22-22-25.png

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
zoom it in a bit so you dont have that IR splash from the side in view of the sensor.

the varifocal turrets have to try to get IR more distance so they kinda hotspot when you leave em that wide, the fixed lens turret has a more even spread but it drops a lil bit of detail.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Zoom in a bit more to get the wall on the right out of the image.
EDIT, nayr beat me to it.

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You could also try playing around with the different backlight options. Has worked well for a few of my cameras.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
he could afford to zoom it in to bout 50% and get alot higher pixel density with a bet better framing with the windows/doors

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wall,on the right? Thats he double door.
I can angle/zoom on either the single door or the double which would increase the pixles and put the IR riht on but I want to have them both in the view at the same time and the side yard strip.
Cant manage to get both doors well...the IR then hotspots on the windows and siding.
Guess I cant have it all without more cameras though maybe.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Wall,on the right? Thats he double door.
I can angle/zoom on either the single door or the double which would increase the pixles and put the IR riht on but I want to have them both in the view at the same time and the side yard strip.
Cant manage to get both doors well...the IR then hotspots on the windows and siding.
Guess I cant have it all without more cameras though maybe.
Typo, Left..Ir is reflecting and screwimg up the entire image