Do you ever have one of those days?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I hope it was his own mail box.
It would be a lot more embarrassing if it was a neighbors.
And,,,, Oh it was shared on you tube
Yes, it was "her" mailbox, she also broke the post holding the one next to it, which is the neighbor across the street. Hubbies out doing a proper repair today. :)

Roof_Cam 2020-09-19 01.12.06.328 PM.jpg

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Parking sensors would have helped a lot in this situation :p

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
More than parking sensors, learning how to drive, especially in reverse, would go a long, long, way. I watch people back out a parking places in malls and they back up until their front end is clear of the cars next to them, then turn the wheel. The aisles aren't wide enough to do it that way in one "swing" so they end up doing it at least twice, if not more. Why not turn the wheel, just a little and watch the outside corner, to eliminate all that? Simple, no one learns how to back up.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
True, people are becoming more dependent on these things than ever before :(

The number of reports I've taken when someone backs into another car and says "but it didn't beep at me!".

Looking behind you is becoming a lost art!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
True, people are becoming more dependent on these things than ever before :(
You are assuming they would have been paying attention if they didnt have the sensors. These accidents have been occurring since the onset of horse and buggy. The sensors do work and that is the reason you get an insurance discount for having them, though the biggest effect is seen on cars with reverse auto braking - nissan and subaru have been the first to make them available and even standard on many of their new vehicles - even the cheap 2020 sentra.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Wait 'till you see video of someone backing up into another vehicle from two camera angle views, it will clearly show how distracted driving and/or intentional damage may be to blame for this as well. I have to work on editing though, but you can clearly see the driver looking down as he is backing his car on the driveway :facepalm:

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
I have spent a whole day at work being annoyed that I couldn't find a particular screwdriver only to find it in my back pocket when I sat down at home later.

Along with not turning the wheel early enough when parking or pulling out of a space, a pet peeve of mine is: Why do so many people swing left just before making a right turn, often swinging into the next lane?

It's not necessary in any normal car or SUV at normal speeds. People often show a serious lack of skill, training, and practice as well as a lack of attention, consideration, and effort. Apparently, turning the steering wheel is just too much work, and swinging over into the lane to your left with no warning is just dandy.