Do you use Android or iOS?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
My first smartphone was Android-based. For the last 7 years, I've been using iOS and lately it has become less intuitive and more fluff. Anyone else feel this way?

Reaction score
I've been an iPhone user since iPhone4. Currently iPhone13. Things seem intuitive, but less convenient.
Both Microsoft and Apple have consistently made things more difficult and less intuitive over the last several years.
Google doesn't do such a great job, either. Their support of the Chromecast a few years ago was abysmal. No info, no details, no help whatsoever. Just "fail".

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Apple needs to bring back TouchID

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Both. I like Apple better for my phone. I use Android on tablets and various other devices. Both have their advantages/disadvantages. I've never really thought either was all that intuitive. Just a matter of what you have in your hand and take the time to learn. Apple had good marketing as far as useability and some things they really do very well. e.g., Very easy and solid interoperability of all of their stuff. But a lot of that also reflects limiting options and what's supported otherwise.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
apk availability, a plus over ios (App Store). If I could do the same with my iphone 6 plus, still will be using those “no -longer available” apps

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Always used Android, Started with my first Pixel phone 4 yrs, ago. Won't use anything else. Wife and I both now have Pixel 7s'.
The bloat free experience of the Pixels, are great.
The number of My wifes questions, and problems she would have with her Samsung S9, has dropped 90% with the Pixel 7.

Reaction score
Always used Android, Started with my first Pixel phone 4 yrs, ago. Won't use anything else. Wife and I both now have Pixel 7s'.
The bloat free experience of the Pixels, are great.
The number of My wifes questions, and problems she would have with her Samsung S9, has dropped 90% with the Pixel 7.
I am finally retiring my old Moto Z4 which also had a very true & bloat-free Android experience.

My new Pixel 7 is coming tomorrow.... I am only irritated about one thing...

1677628508395.png

I wanted NO recycled materials and as much carbon emissions as can possibly be made in the manufacture and delivery of this device. Why was I not given this option?

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have had a iPhone since the iPhone 3. The first of the year I got a Pixel 7 and loaded GrapheneOS on it.

It took me a few weeks to get used to it but I'll never go back. One thing that was for certain was how much I was addicted to my phone.

My wife needs a new phone and I may be taking her into a Pixel too and going to GrapheneOS too.

Reaction score
I have had a iPhone since the iPhone 3. The first of the year I got a Pixel 7 and loaded GrapheneOS on it.

It took me a few weeks to get used to it but I'll never go back. One thing that was for certain was how much I was addicted to my phone.

My wife needs a new phone and I may be taking her into a Pixel too and going to GrapheneOS too.
Interesting--- I had not ever heard of GrapheneOS before.... I am going to have to look that over.

HMC8403

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Absolutely no idea why they are all sitting in my drawer :screwy: Strangely I can’tfind my old BlackBerrys.
E5D4FAA0-7A1F-4396-9262-095912AA5A76.jpeg

PatPend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

How do you like the Graphene camera app with the Pixel 7?

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How do you like the Graphene camera app with the Pixel 7?
I don't use my camera much. Strictly for taking a picture of various settings on equipment for reference.

I'm not taking pictures of anything where quality matters. So for what I need, it is completely fine.