Do your cameras randomly drop out for a few seconds saying "no signal detected' every few minutes?

talisman2208

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All of my cameras are fine, but these two always dip out and say no signal detected after a few minutes. I can't seem to figure out why. Any ideas?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What cameras make/model.

It is possibly a wonky camera in BI that deleting it and re-adding it can correct (best case).

If you have SD cards in the camera, they could be failing and causing this.

Worse case is the power supply (like the POE switch) is starting to fail and BI is picking up on the that and will eventually fail.

I have experienced all of these LOL.

talisman2208

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't think it's the switch, I just replaced it with a pretty heavy duty one rated way above what these cameras are meant for.

They're Reolink Duo 2's.

I know you guys hate Reolinks... but any help would be good.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh that explains it LOL.

Those are such new cameras and do things like splicing two images together into one and then with them not following normal ONVIF protocol, BI is probably interpreting it as no signal.

Does it actually No signal and you have no image or is it logging it as no signal but the image is still there? If it is the latter, just accept the bug.

In either case, probably need to send a request to BI support so they can look into it. it might be a simple coding fix hopefully.

talisman2208

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh that explains it LOL.

Those are such new cameras and do things like splicing two images together into one and then with them not following normal ONVIF protocol, BI is probably interpreting it as no signal.

Does it actually No signal and you have no image or is it logging it as no signal but the image is still there? If it is the latter, just accept the bug.

In either case, probably need to send a request to BI support so they can look into it. it might be a simple coding fix hopefully.

So it's actually both. The image will freeze on the screen for a period of time then it will say no signal randomly. They just sort of pop back and fourth every minute or so with a no signal.

Also, side note, what are the purple bells? I can't find their meaning anywhere in the BI manual with Ctrl F.

1660785636872.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, reach out to support. They will probably want access to the camera to see if it is something in the code they can fix for that particular camera.

A new camera status “bell” icon replaces the trigger icon once an alert is confirmed. This helps to emphasize the difference between the “triggered” and “alerted” states—not all triggers become alerts based on filters and AI analysis.

talisman2208

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, reach out to support. They will probably want access to the camera to see if it is something in the code they can fix for that particular camera.

A new camera status “bell” icon replaces the trigger icon once an alert is confirmed. This helps to emphasize the difference between the “triggered” and “alerted” states—not all triggers become alerts based on filters and AI analysis.
oh neat. thanks. Okay sounds good.

tng5737

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had a lot of signal lost errors awhile back and it turned out to be my switches could not handle all the traffic. After upgrading the switches to 1gb everything was fine. I found it by assigning my cams to groups which represented the switches - S1, S2, etc... By grouping them that way I could easily detect patterns using the BI Status window

standav

n3wb
Reaction score
So it's actually both. The image will freeze on the screen for a period of time then it will say no signal randomly. They just sort of pop back and fourth every minute or so with a no signal.

Also, side note, what are the purple bells? I can't find their meaning anywhere in the BI manual with Ctrl F.

View attachment 136999
I had this EXACT issue with my Duo II's. They would lose signal (only in BI, not in the Reolink App) 100-200 times/day. Dreg Mitch advised me to disable RTSP keel-alives for the camera. I made the change and have not had a signal loss since.

1672173681554.png

zipty6

n3wb
Reaction score
I experience this from time to time. I have discovered that Windows will change the Speed & Duplex setting in my NIC to 10 MB or slower. Changing this back to GB or better resolves the issue.