Does anyone have the software for an Empire Security ESC-IPC-1 (IPC1) camera?

orrd

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it requires special software to configure it, and I can't find my software CD for it (and Empire Security is apparently out of business). If anyone has the software for it, that would be huge help for me.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it requires special software to configure it, and I can't find my software CD for it (and Empire Security is apparently out of business). If anyone has the software for it, that would be huge help for me.
you dont need any special software..

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Use ONVIF Device Manager to assist if you need it:
ONVIF Device Manager

Or Download an IP Scanner tool, scan your network, locate the IP address of the camera, enter it into the web browser and configure away.
Advanced IP Scanner:
Advanced IP Scanner

Very few IP Cameras that support ONVIF standards REQUIRE special software.

orrd

n3wb
Reaction score
I do know its IP address, and I can connect to it. So you would think it shouldn't need any special software, but from what I understand, you can't configure the camera without "IEActive software" installed (which is some kind of IE plug-in). Without that plugin, the configuration options don't show up after you login to the camera's web page.

I'll try the ONVIF Device Manager software and see if that does it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I do know its IP address, and I can connect to it. So you would think it shouldn't need any special software, but from what I understand, you can't configure the camera without "IEActive software" installed (which is some kind of IE plug-in). Without that plugin, the configuration options don't show up after you login to the camera's web page.

I'll try the ONVIF Device Manager software and see if that does it.
The plugin likely requires internet explorer...not edge or chrome..it is downloaded from the camera itself.

orrd

n3wb
Reaction score
I was trying it with IE, but it still has only worked for me with the "IEActive software" installed. I even tried changing the security settings in IE to allow ActiveX and all that, but maybe there is a setting I missed or something else I needed to do.

orrd

n3wb
Reaction score
I also tried the ONVIF software. That's definitely a neat tool to have, but it wasn't able to actually let me change the camera settings. It found the camera, and it let me view the stream. But if I try to change it to DHCP or change other network settings it just gives me an error. I also tried the hard factory reset but that didn't work.

I tried IE again with absolutely all security settings at the lowest level and everything enabled, but it still won't load the configuration stuff. It seems that it's only possible to change the settings with the "IEActive" software.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I also tried the ONVIF software. That's definitely a neat tool to have, but it wasn't able to actually let me change the camera settings. It found the camera, and it let me view the stream. But if I try to change it to DHCP or change other network settings it just gives me an error. I also tried the hard factory reset but that didn't work.

I tried IE again with absolutely all security settings at the lowest level and everything enabled, but it still won't load the configuration stuff. It seems that it's only possible to change the settings with the "IEActive" software.
try running IE in emulation mode...hit f12 and on the right where it says edge, select ie 8,9 or 10..etc

orrd

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, but still no luck with that either. I wonder if the camera has a reset button that would reset it to factory defaults?

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I still have an ESC IPC-1 running but no software anymore. I use chrome with IE tab to configure.
Darn thing just won't die, so I can justify a Dahua starlight purchase.

orrd

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks gordo! IE Tab did it! I don't know why it works with IE Tab, but not actual IE, but what happened is under IE tab there was a "download" link on the camera's login page. That never shoed up before. But I clicked that and it downloaded NewActive.exe, which installed NetSurveillance from xmsecu.com. That made it work.

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You are welcome. Same thing here, IE doesn't work anymore, but IE tab in chrome does.

bigzdog

n3wb
Reaction score
MEGA

I had a copy of the little CD that came with mine. I think this should be everything. CMS is the software you want.