Does bacon grease on dog poop really work?

Reaction score
I to am having the same issue, some new renters moved in on my road a few months ago and there's dog turd all over the place. Have captured them on cam once, never knew that the dog would mark and sniff my driveway as its toilet. Might give the pepper trick a try but it's not the dogs fault which is why I'm hesitant to give it a try.
You are correct, it's not the dogs fault. But unless you can come up with a way to correct the owners habits (confrontation, legal, etc) then this will not harm the dog, just make it REALLY not want to go near that area anytime soon.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Just print a couple pictures out in 8x10 and post them around the neighborhood :cool:
Actually, I like the bacon grease idea. Maybe it would gross her out?
Then the red pepper. This works well for both cats and dogs, just re treat after each rain, they snort it in and move on.

mcapeed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If the person is crazy I’m not sure I would do anything to elicit a negative response from her. Poop in your yard is easy to deal with. Damaging your property or pets is a whole new ballgame.

A friendly “hello”, “ cute pooch” and hand her a poop bag and kindly ask her to pick it up. She already knows that’s what she should be doing.

Or if you have a wi-fi sprinkler system, run that zone each time she walks by if you are really compelled to do something.

I don’t like it when other dogs poop in my yard. However having 3 dogs, one more turd to pick up is no big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
just run the crap over with a lawn mower and let it scatter into the street. dog piss is worse, it kills your grass. crap fertilizes grass.

Reaction score
If the person is crazy I’m not sure I would do anything to elicit a negative response from her. Poop in your yard is easy to deal with. Damaging your property or pets is a whole new ballgame.

A friendly “hello”, “ cute pooch” and hand her a poop bag and kindly ask her to pick it up. She already knows that’s what she should be doing.

Or if you have a wi-fi sprinkler system, run that zone each time she walks by if you are really compelled to do something.

I don’t like it when other dogs poop in my yard. However having 3 dogs, one more turd to pick up is no big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The thing is, I'm not around when she does this. When it has happened, my wife and I only spotted the large amount poop after the fact, and then I checked my recordings.

I've had a few people comment on Nextdoor about how I should diplomatically approach her, confront her, etc. But I have no idea who she is or what her name is, nor am I going to the effort of tracking her down, or waiting by my window each day to see if she shows up. I'd probably be accused of stalking her if I did that, which would make me the bigger villain by far.

I thought about using the cayenne pepper trick, but like putting bacon grease on the poop, I decided not to take a chance of making some other innocent neighbor's pet sick. A lot of people walk their dogs along my street each day.

So in the end, all I can do is leave the videos up on Nextdoor. They can speak for themselves.