Does Blue Iris expire?

JshKlsn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was sending a bug report so I pressed the button in the blue iris options to contact support, and it copies some info to the clipboard that you can paste into an email to help diagnose it, and I couldn't help but notice a line that says "expires" with a date 1 year from when I purchased the license.

Does blue iris really expire? There's NO warnings anywhere on the site or in any of the confirmation emails.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I was sending a bug report so I pressed the button in the blue iris options to contact support, and it copies some info to the clipboard that you can paste into an email to help diagnose it, and I couldn't help but notice a line that says "expires" with a date 1 year from when I purchased the license.

Does blue iris really expire? There's NO warnings anywhere on the site or in any of the confirmation emails.
The software does not expire. Recently the developer set a new policy that after a year support and updates will expire however this has not been implemented yet. We dont know when it will start. There is a 30 dollar annual fee for support and updates that will include free upgrades to new revisions of blue iris (BI5 etc).

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm still hoping that access to minor updates will never become restricted, because we really don't need "Update to the latest version of BI to fix your problem" to become impossible. I say impossible, but what I mean is some people will never be convinced to pay $30 for a potential bugfix or to restore compatibility with the mobile app that they also paid for ... and I wouldn't blame them.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm still hoping that access to minor updates will never become restricted, because we really don't need "Update to the latest version of BI to fix your problem" to become impossible. I say impossible, but what I mean is some people will never be convinced to pay $30 for a potential bugfix or to restore compatibility with the mobile app that they also paid for ... and I wouldn't blame them.
They can always go back to a previous version. Every other paid vms charges for updates. Heck, exacq will charge you 50 dollars per camera and only give you 90 days. You get a year of you pay 100 per camera..Its a minor fee and updates include new features not simply bug fixes.